Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 15th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Starting with this release, we're moving the release notes to a permanent home on our public wiki. We'll continue posting a link here for the next few releases in order to get everyone accustomed to the new location (we'll then sticky a permanent link here).

Hero Lab Online Public Wiki: Release Notes

Thank you for your patience while we make this transition!

Last edited by Joe; April 16th, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 16th, 2020, 10:01 AM
Yeah I know fixing stuff takes time, but damn I was really hoping a fix to the adding way too much not needed text to all custom boons on printed character sheets would have happened by now.

I really want to print out my character sheets again, but the added not needed text is adding way to many extra pages.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old April 16th, 2020, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure if you caught this in another thread, but the following fix somehow reversed itself and hopefully will come back in last version (even after being fixed) and now this version:

PF2 - When selecting options for the Hireling boon, the selections were not being retained.

If I pick an Expert Hireling, I cannot choose an option for it and have it saved. Do I need to reenter the same bug?
Prethen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
Yeah I know fixing stuff takes time, but damn I was really hoping a fix to the adding way too much not needed text to all custom boons on printed character sheets would have happened by now.

I really want to print out my character sheets again, but the added not needed text is adding way to many extra pages.
We can't just magically remove it. That extra help text is absolutely needed within the UI, but it also needs to be omitted from printouts. So the solution requires revisions across many layers to accommodate it in a generalized manner. It's in progress, but it's not something that can be fixed instantly.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prethen View Post
I'm not sure if you caught this in another thread, but the following fix somehow reversed itself and hopefully will come back in last version (even after being fixed) and now this version:

PF2 - When selecting options for the Hireling boon, the selections were not being retained.

If I pick an Expert Hireling, I cannot choose an option for it and have it saved. Do I need to reenter the same bug?
I'll point this out to the team.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old April 16th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We can't just magically remove it. That extra help text is absolutely needed within the UI, but it also needs to be omitted from printouts. So the solution requires revisions across many layers to accommodate it in a generalized manner. It's in progress, but it's not something that can be fixed instantly.
I actually don't agree it is needed in the UI, it was fine prior to that.

I would rather you take it out until you figure out how to apply it correctly. It is doing more harm then good currently.

Edit: If taking out the text is an actual option I strongly think that is what should be done to fix the problem it is causing until you can add it back correctly. If it can't be taken out (or won't) I will just be pissed until I can print out my character sheets again. Seriously for those who play Org Play and use this to add boons this really sucks for printing sheets.

Last edited by Dragnmoon; April 16th, 2020 at 11:54 AM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 16th, 2020, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnmoon View Post
I actually don't agree it is needed in the UI, it was fine prior to that.

I would rather you take it out until you figure out how to apply it correctly. It is doing more harm then good currently.

Edit: If taking out the text is an actual option I strongly think that is what should be done to fix the problem it is causing until you can add it back correctly. If it can't be taken out (or won't) I will just be pissed until I can print out my character sheets again. Seriously for those who play Org Play and use this to add boons this really sucks for printing sheets.
I understand you may disagree with our approach, which is unfortunate. As I indicated above, we're working to solve a GENERAL problem in a GENERAL manner. There are plenty of cases where those notes are very much needed within the UI, such as custom weapons and the like. So we're striving to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater here and handle all the cases with sometimes competing needs cleanly.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 3rd, 2020, 05:29 PM
Rob, with all due respect, this is the type of stuff that beta testers can help spot before deployment. We can't catch everything, but I'd hope we'd keep the noise level down.
flyteach is offline   #8 Reply With Quote