Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

danman71

Old April 10th, 2020, 11:26 AM
I upgraded to Patron and created a campaign. I enabled Patron sharing and obtained an invite code.

For players to join all I have to do is send them an invite code correct?

They can create their hero lab accounts and subscribe to apprentice and they can access my content correct? Do they have to separately load or enable my content?

Just trying to nail down the process for new players who currently have never used HLO.

Thanks,
danman71 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2020, 11:43 AM
All players need to join is the invite code.

Apprentices have to create their characters INSIDE of your campaign in order to access your content.

When they do, they will be given an option of whether the character is owned by the campaign, or by them individually. For apprentice accounts, this is "campaign-owned" by default. Keep this set this way, as it's what allows them to use your content on that character inside of your campaign. (If they change it to "Owned by Me", they will only have access to demo-level content).

Non-apprentice accounts will default to the other way around, as the assumption is that they want to use their own content. So they default to "Owned by Me", but they can switch to "Owned by Campaign" if they'd rather use the GM's content than their own for that particular character.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2020, 11:44 AM
Exactly as you described. Give them the invite code. They can do everything else independently, with one exception. Once they use the invite code to join the campaign, you'll need to authorize the account to gain access to everything, so it's a two-step process. That's a security step to safeguard against somebody getting an invite code they shouldn't and then joining a campaign without the GM's proper approval.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Ninja'd!
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote