Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 3rd, 2020, 07:32 PM
Client Changes and Improvements
  • Adds a header to the Play tab view that includes quick links that will scroll to that section of the play tab when clicked. The links start off as small icon buttons, but you can optionally expand the header to see their titles.
  • Play tab section links in the left navigation pane are now visible at all device sizes, and will scroll to that section of the play tab when clicked
  • When the play tab is narrow enough that it can't support two columns, it now switches to a single column instead of a single section (there are 3 or 4 sections in each column). The Play tab scroll links will automatically switch your view to whatever column is appropriate and auto scroll you as always.
  • Adjusts the padding of the play tab vs other tabs on small devices to be more consistent, and give slightly the play tab slightly improved data density on those devices
  • Reorganizes the options within the character settings view for more sensible sorting and grouping together of related options
  • Adds collapsible headings to subsections of the character settings view
  • The "Add" button is now omitted from the form for choosing certain items for which only a single selection is typically made (for example, Alignment in PF2). Only the "Add & Close" button is shown. Additionally, double-clicking such an item in the list automatically closes the dialog
  • Clarified the message received when an account is temporarily locked out of the server, e.g. due to too many failed login attempts.
  • Campaigns - A quantity can now be specified when adding a character to a script
  • Campaigns - The "Assign Ownership to Player" menu option now shows a warning that the operation can only be undone by the player's account, not the GM's account
  • Campaigns - The "Assign Ownership to Campaign" menu option now shows a warning that the operation can only be undone by the GM's account, not the player's account, and also informs the player that a copy of the character will be made outside the campaign
  • PF2 & SF - Added a "Basic NPC" that can be used to quickly enter a creature or NPC's statblock so that they can be used in Hero Lab.
  • PF2 - Added a new Custom NPC Race, as well as allowing much more flexibility when have a pre-built NPC race to add abilities or alter existing abilities.
  • PF2 - Improved contrast between character settings control and description text for better clarity and readability
  • SR6 - players now see an abstract, banded representation of enemy condition on stage instead of continuous condition bars, with the worst condition being reflected in the bands

Client Bug Fixes
  • Fixes header text in the side-panel to be left aligned instead of center aligned in cases where the text was wrapping
  • Campaigns - Fixes the ellipsis menu for member-owned PCs being displayed to GMs when no options were available
  • Campaigns - Fixes the character copied out to the player's personal folders as part of the "Assign Ownership to Campaign" operation not showing up in the player's personal folders unless the page was refreshed.
  • Campaigns - Fixes the player quick edit hp popover for stage characters being too narrow
  • Campaigns - Fixes the Join Campaign dialog's invite code input to be center aligned instead of left aligned

Game mechanics
  • SF - The High CR NPCs from Pact Worlds were incorrectly set at CR 3.
  • PF2 - Gear that is held in the hands (such as healing potions) was starting out equipped by default.
  • PF2 - The Dragon Claws spell adjustment was not correctly applying the extra damage based on the dragon type.
  • PF2 - Increases to the Intelligence ability score was not providing bonus languages.

Hotfix 55B3AE9
  • The Member Account section of the PCs and Players view now includes a "Drop" option on the menu visible to GMs, for dropping a player from the campaign. When a player is dropped, they are notified by an informational message and also are redirected out of the campaign if they were currently viewing it.
  • Fixes play header links being expanded instead of collapsed by default
  • Fixes play header links displaying on non-play tab routes for phone-sized screens
  • Fixed checkboxes with no labels (e.g. in some tables) being slightly off center
  • PF2 - With the addition of the Point Buy ability scores variant rule in the Gamemastery Guide, we've moved where the ability score method is chosen. Instead of selecting whether to use the standard method or to roll ability scores in the Character Generation Method table on the Ability Scores tab, this choice is now made on the Settings tab.

Last edited by Joe; March 4th, 2020 at 03:29 PM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old March 4th, 2020, 12:42 PM
One more update without adding the ability to track Fame in PF2.... This is really starting to suck for Society Play.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Prethen

Old March 4th, 2020, 01:17 PM
Any chance Familiar stats will be fixed soon?
Prethen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 5th, 2020, 06:00 AM
Being able to use this for Society play seems long abandoned.
thaX is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
numbat1

Old March 5th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
Being able to use this for Society play seems long abandoned.
I find that to be a totally unreasonable statement given the recent addition of custom boons which let us add and track our boons - a big thing for PFS2.

As to Fame, while it would be nice to have this tracked, I can currently go into my journal and look at what has happened if I don't have my latest chronicle sheet with me. The chronicle is where we are meant to track our fame.
numbat1 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 6th, 2020, 05:14 AM
I still would like the PF Number and character number somewhere on the character sheet, as well as what faction I am in and the school training (or lack thereof) the character has been through, on the character sheet. It is missing all that and seems to not be forthcoming on the printed PDF thing that they currently have.
A boon page (instead of being on the Abilities and EQ page) would be nice.

having to skip through different creation portions of the App to find this information instead of being on the "Play" character summary is annoying.

PFS play is not the priority.
Boons is nice, would be great if I could input all these codes I have on my Chronicles to generate them.

Perhaps for the online portion of this, it could be a bit far to make the statement, but using print outs from this App is... fractured and incomplete. Better than having fifty pages like before (Or maybe ten if you change browsers), but has a long way to go. Not even sure if they are doing anything more with it or just leaving it as is as they work on the online campaign thing that I personally am not interested in.
thaX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2020, 11:44 AM
There are some improvements coming soon to better support tracking Fame and boons. I'm sure it's not everything everybody wants, but it should be a healthy step in the right direction.

Also, in the future, please create new threads for subjects like this. Burying them in a release thread makes them harder for everyone to identify and contribute to - both us AND other users.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 7th, 2020, 07:47 AM
I am glad to hear that it is still something in the mix of all the things.

Just hope the print out of character sheet is still being worked on, as it needs some love. (I have this on my thread about suggestions for the road map)
thaX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote