Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2020, 04:33 PM
We're moving the release notes to a permanent home on our public wiki. This will be our last regular release post linking over there (we'll then sticky a permanent link here. Especially major updates may still be posted here).

Hero Lab Online Public Wiki: Release Notes

Thank you for your patience while we make this transition!

Last edited by Joe; May 7th, 2020 at 09:43 AM.
Joe is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old May 7th, 2020, 10:25 AM
This was an Awesome update! I love what you guys did with equipment, especially Ammunition! I love that ammo is being removed as used.

Thanks for the great work!

*Yeah i give praise sometimes to *

It even works on Batteries!!!

Last edited by Dragnmoon; May 7th, 2020 at 10:40 AM.
Dragnmoon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nightpanda2810

Old May 9th, 2020, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Converts resource and usage trackers (e.g. consumables like ammunition, renewable like spells, etc) to count down (from an initial total quantity, tracking the remaining quantity), rather than up (tracking the amount used), as a more natural way to track important character resources
Oh boy do I HATE this change. Please allow us to choose how this works. I now have two different game systems I regularly play track this differently, and it's going to get very confusing fast. Very much prefer tracking how many I've used, not how many are left. This new way feels totally unnatural.

Realmworks Template Management
nightpanda2810 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 9th, 2020, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 View Post
Oh boy do I HATE this change. Please allow us to choose how this works. I now have two different game systems I regularly play track this differently, and it's going to get very confusing fast. Very much prefer tracking how many I've used, not how many are left. This new way feels totally unnatural.
Quite a few users have expressed just the opposite, as the important detail in most situations is knowing how many remain instead of having to mentally figure that out all the time. Common examples would be spells left to cast, arrows left to fire, ability charges left to use, etc.

Unfortunately, this is not something that can be readily made configurable, as we did quite a lot of rework to switch to the new, more useful behavior.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old May 10th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Though having options to change how they are tracked is always nice, I do prefer the method of showing how much is left.
Dragnmoon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old May 10th, 2020, 02:35 PM
Given that I asked for this change in HLC for years, I am also celebrating it's incorporation into HLO. Thanks!

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
kaintheseeker

Old May 10th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Could we not gave grenades counted as weapons for the weapon locker error? I have four grenades and two melee weapons and two guns and get the errors
kaintheseeker is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
magpi

Old May 10th, 2020, 08:27 PM
@kaintheseeker, I agree. I hadn't tested any of my SF characters since the update, that sucks. I am really not a fan of this change.
magpi is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 14th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaintheseeker View Post
Could we not gave grenades counted as weapons for the weapon locker error? I have four grenades and two melee weapons and two guns and get the errors
Our recent update now counts single use weapons like grenades as 1/2 of a slot.

Also keep in mind that it treats a whole stack of weapons as a single slot. So you can readily have 10x grenades (provided they are all the same type) alongside other weapons.

You'll want to make sure they are all a single stack on your character, and not split apart into multiple stacks. We've had the ability to do this in HLO for a while, but this past release made it much more user friendly. Just click the ellipsis (...) button on the item, and you'll see a "Stack with..." option.

If you have 4 stacks of different types, then you can keep the most frequently used ones outside the locker, and swap in the others on the occasion you need them (i.e. the weapon isn't physically in a locker in the game world, it's on your person still).
Joe is offline   #9 Reply With Quote