Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

smoulson

Old February 27th, 2020, 05:45 AM
I was wondering if there is a way to import a character from my portfolio to a campaign to let a different player control them?
smoulson is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 27th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Yes. Import your character into your campaign as a GM on the PCs and Players view, on. Then, using the character's ellipsis (...) menu, there should be a "Transfer control to player" option. I believe this requires you to have purchased patronage for the campaign, as well as activated it in the campaign.
Joe is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DJalin1

Old February 27th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Follow up question:
I transffered a PC to Player Owned while playing and learning Campaign and wanted to transfer back. The Ellipsis (...) next the the PC now comes up blank. As the Patron I was unable to transfer the PC back to Player Controlled or the Campaign . Is this supposed to happen?
DJalin1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
xmiyux

Old February 28th, 2020, 07:01 AM
If we pay for a year of Patron access (50$) does that *include* the server fee (that was 2$ a month iirc).

I tried to look into it but was unsure. I had already paid for a year of server access and upgraded to Patron for 50$. So I have no clue what my expense will be in a year when that expires.

Has anything been said?
xmiyux is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2020, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJalin1 View Post
Follow up question:
I transffered a PC to Player Owned while playing and learning Campaign and wanted to transfer back. The Ellipsis (...) next the the PC now comes up blank. As the Patron I was unable to transfer the PC back to Player Controlled or the Campaign . Is this supposed to happen?
I believe you should see an option to take control back. If you're not, that's likely a bug. I'll report it to the team.

CORRECTION: It seems things are working, but we've done a poor job of messaging the implications. If you transferred OWNERSHIP, then you've fully given the PC to the player and no longer have any control over it. If you assign CONTROL, then the PC can be manipulated by the player, but you can take control back at any time. We'll need to improve the messaging on these operations to clearly convey what the behavior is.

Last edited by rob; February 28th, 2020 at 09:39 AM.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 28th, 2020, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmiyux View Post
If we pay for a year of Patron access (50$) does that *include* the server fee (that was 2$ a month iirc).

I tried to look into it but was unsure. I had already paid for a year of server access and upgraded to Patron for 50$. So I have no clue what my expense will be in a year when that expires.

Has anything been said?
The Patron level is a "higher" tier than the Standard level, so it includes everything provided by the Standard level. The cost of Patron access is essentially $25 more per year over the Standard level.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
xmiyux

Old February 28th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The Patron level is a "higher" tier than the Standard level, so it includes everything provided by the Standard level. The cost of Patron access is essentially $25 more per year over the Standard level.
Thank you.
xmiyux is offline   #7 Reply With Quote