Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mdauben

Old June 7th, 2009, 09:54 AM
I purchased HL and the basic M&M files recently and was very pleased with them. After experimenting with the programs and basic files, I decided to purchase the Masterminds Manual/Ultimate Power expansion files the other day.

I reran the licencing wizard as instructed and everything seemed to go fine, but now when I try to open HL and the M&M files, I get an error message:

Cannot Create Core Run-Time Files: c:\programfiles\herolab\data\core.hlz

I tried restarting HL, rebooting my computer and deleting and reinstalling the data files, and nothing helped. The only thing I didn't do was delelet HL all together and try reinstalling it.

Any ideas what the problem might be or how to fix it?

Thanks!

Mike
mdauben is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 8th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Try downloading and installing the M&M update again, using the "Locate File" button on the select game form - that should force a recompile of the game system, which will hopefully solve your problem. Does that help?

If not, which operating system are you running under? If you're running Windows Vista, which folder do you have Hero Lab installed in?
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mdauben

Old June 8th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Try downloading and installing the M&M update again, using the "Locate File" button on the select game form - that should force a recompile of the game system, which will hopefully solve your problem. Does that help?
I had already tried re-downloading the game files, but I tried again using the "locate file" button and it seeminly reinstalled okay, but I'm still getting the same error message.

Quote:
If not, which operating system are you running under? If you're running Windows Vista, which folder do you have Hero Lab installed in?
  • Windows Vista Home Premium
  • Intel Core2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz
  • 5.0 GB memory
  • 64-bit OS

Hero Lab is installed in c:\programfiles\herolab

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
mdauben is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 26th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Try running Hero Lab in administrator mode - right-click the shortcut and choose 'run as administrator'. Does that help?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote