Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

banecrow

Old April 12th, 2018, 11:03 AM
I am trying to create a custom magic item and I am very new to Hero Lab so not 100% sure how to go about this. If someone would be kind enough to help walk me through it I would appreciate it.

Hopefully this will not be to hard. Player is taking a dull grey ioun stone and having it further enchanted so that they can cast detect magic 2x a day.
banecrow is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old April 13th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Go to "Tools -> Show Editor". In the window that pops up, create a new file. In the top level tabs pick "equipment", then in the sub-tab pick "wondrous". Hit the "New (Copy)" button and use the filter box (left of the magnifying glass) to find the dull grey ioun stone and confirm to copy it. Give it a new name and unique ID (right of the name). In the center column you'll see various lines, scroll down until you see "Castable Spells" and click on the blue button on that line.

Click on the "Click to add another bootstrap" and find "Detect Magic" in that list. Once you've added that, in the Total Charges enter 2, and in the Usage Period choose "/day". Close by hitting "Ok". Save the file, and then with your new item selected hit the Test Now button in the upper left of the Editor.

Now go to your test character and add the new item, Equip it and make sure the item spell shows on the Spells tab.

You should check out the built in program tutorials and youtube videos of our yearly beginner seminars at GenCon.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote