Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Triskavanski

Old March 25th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Trying to get herolab to recognize my improvised weapons and how to work them properly. Anyone ever actually make an Imp weapon character?
Triskavanski is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 26th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Add a custom/magic item and choose the weapon that your improvised weapon mimics mechanically (for example if you're using a broken bottle and the DM says it counts as an improvised dagger, choose dagger), then go to the item powers and add "Improvised", then optionally give it a custom name to reflect what it is (for our example, "Broken bottle").
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 26th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Another option is if you have the Community Pack installed and turn on "ShadowChemosh Equipment" two new weapons appear on the Weapons tab. Improvised Melee Weapon and Improvised Ranged Weapon.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Triskavanski

Old March 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Ah cool. I'll try that out. Because I've got a character who uses improvised weapons, and has traits that improve them. Like Surprise Weapon that is suppose to give me a +2 to hit with improvised weapons, but for whatever reason, I'm not getting that bonus and even with catch off guard i'm taking a -4 to hit.
Triskavanski is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old March 29th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Spheres of Might is coming to Hero Lab soon.
Not sure when soon is, because it is a project with a lot of moving/complicated parts.
But soon, as in the project is underway.

One of the spheres, Barroom I believe, focuses on improvised type weapons.
So eventually, there will be another option for Improvised Weapons.
Ualaa is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old December 6th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Add a custom/magic item and choose the weapon that your improvised weapon mimics mechanically (for example if you're using a broken bottle and the DM says it counts as an improvised dagger, choose dagger), then go to the item powers and add "Improvised", then optionally give it a custom name to reflect what it is (for our example, "Broken bottle").
I really love this suggestion. but I cannot find the item powers or the option to add "Improvised" to a custom weapon I am making.

Any help would be appreciated.

*EDIT*
I just realized that this is for Pathfinder. I was looking for the solution related to the d20 3.5 rules.

Last edited by Vellcrow; December 6th, 2018 at 10:29 AM.
Vellcrow is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old December 6th, 2018, 10:42 AM
As far as I recall, 3.5 didn't implement improvised weapon rules, sorry!
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old December 6th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
As far as I recall, 3.5 didn't implement improvised weapon rules, sorry!
It is available in the Dragonlance setting material, and that is available through Hero Lab. I have tried to copy and paste the Improvised item powers from Pathfinder to d20/3.5, but I am coming up with errors.

The only thing I cannot get it to do is using the Improvise Weapon or Greater Improvise Weapon feats. I am not experienced with coding.
Vellcrow is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 6th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vellcrow View Post
It is available in the Dragonlance setting material, and that is available through Hero Lab. I have tried to copy and paste the Improvised item powers from Pathfinder to d20/3.5, but I am coming up with errors.

The only thing I cannot get it to do is using the Improvise Weapon or Greater Improvise Weapon feats. I am not experienced with coding.
You can NOT take stuff from Pathfinder and put it into d20. The software is totally different and not compatible.

I would recommend asking in the d20 forums to get help from some of the long term d20 community members. You can try PMing Sendric as he does the most on the d20 forums and community stuff. He may already know how to add this in d20.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Vellcrow

Old December 6th, 2018, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You can NOT take stuff from Pathfinder and put it into d20. The software is totally different and not compatible.

I would recommend asking in the d20 forums to get help from some of the long term d20 community members. You can try PMing Sendric as he does the most on the d20 forums and community stuff. He may already know how to add this in d20.
I am finding that out. However, I did find a workaround by using the Adjust tab on a character profile.

Thanks for the input!
Vellcrow is offline   #10 Reply With Quote