Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Dwayne

Old September 15th, 2013, 02:15 PM
How do I add ammo to ranged weapons? I would like to add bolts +1 to crossbows for example. I don't see any way to show what type of ammo a ranged weapon uses. You can have a crossbow with magic ammo but there is no way to have the crossbow use the magic ammo. Am I missing something?
Dwayne is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Ammunition is a tracked resource on the In Play tab. You can buy it in the magic weapons section of the weapons tab, and add the +1 bonus there as a custom magic item just like any other item. Ammo is near the bottom of the weapons list though. So you've gotta scroll down a bit, just like if you were adding normal ammo. If you are purchasing the ammo, make sure you hit the set price button before adding the ammo.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Thank you for the help. I must have missed it.
Dwayne is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Sorry. I looked and the ammo is listed in the in play tab but I want to add it to a crossbow. I just don't see any way to add it. It is calculated for regular ammo. There is no adjustment for other types of ammo. You can't choose anything.
Dwayne is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old September 15th, 2013, 06:10 PM
HeroLab doesn't combine the ammunition stats with the weapon stats, as far as I know. You can use an adjustment, perhaps, to do so.
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Thanks. I find it strange that HL doesn't allow this. Similiar programs allowed for it in the past.
Dwayne is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
thistledown

Old September 17th, 2013, 10:38 AM
I just created a custom container on the Gear tab, which weighs zero and cost zero, labeled as "Loaded in Crossbow", and assign the ammo to that container.
thistledown is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ChrisRevocateur

Old September 17th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistledown View Post
I just created a custom container on the Gear tab, which weighs zero and cost zero, labeled as "Loaded in Crossbow", and assign the ammo to that container.
Unfortunately that doesn't alter the combat stats of the crossbow, which is what I think Dwayne was wanting, and which I can agree with him, Hero Lab SHOULD be capable of this, considering its purpose and use.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Umarian

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Herolab has no way to know if the first arrow you fire in a round is a magical arrow, but the other 2 arrows you fire that round are not. It is easier for the user to simply remember to add +X to the die roll than it is for them to click on the In-Play tab, click on the magical arrow to turn it on, then first that arrow, then un-click the magical arrow to turn it off, then on to the next action.

Now I am sure that some of you will say that you ONLY use magical arrows, but in games where those things are tracked, they do not last that long, so you have to be more careful with your shot.
Umarian is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 17th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Sorry. I looked and the ammo is listed in the in play tab but I want to add it to a crossbow. I just don't see any way to add it. It is calculated for regular ammo. There is no adjustment for other types of ammo. You can't choose anything.
It's never been factored in, the reasoning being that ammo could be used by any weapon in your possession. Heavy crossbows use the same ammo as light crossbows. As far as I know, there is no gizmo to add ammo to weapons like there is in Shadowrun.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote