Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Obeliske

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:00 AM
I'm looking for a way to increase my prepared spell slots per day (Arcanist). My spells cast per day is fine but I need a way to increase the actual spells prepared per day. Anybody know how?
Obeliske is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Do you mean the Expanded Preparation feat?

Or do you want an adjustment, so you can implement a house rule? If so, use the Spells Known adjustment.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Obeliske

Old November 11th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Yes it's for a house rule.
When I click on my spells as an Arcanist I get 5,3,1 prepared spells per level (levels 0,1,2 respectively) and 6,5 times a day respectively (levels 1,2 spells) I want to prepare and extra spell per day without increasing casts per day. Expanded Preparation seems to be the right effect but I don't want it in feat form as it's a house rule. Spells known did the trick. Definitely a misleading name though :P
Obeliske is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old November 11th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah, might just want to change that to "Spells Known/Prepared"
Kiirnodel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 11th, 2016, 02:00 PM
In terms of what Hero Lab needs to record, what's called "Spells Prepared" for an Arcanist is the same, rules-wise, as what's called "Spells Known" on a Sorcerer. The only difference (which Hero Lab's code doesn't actually care about) is that the Arcanist can change those on a regular basis, but the Sorcerer rarely gets to change their spells known. (There's also the spellbook, but that's not relevant to this issue).

So, because they're using the same arrays, the adjustment that modifies Spells Known on a Sorcerer modifies Spells Prepared on an Arcanist. By changing the name, we'd confuse it with the Spells Prepared of a Wizard or Cleric, which do have to be stored differently in Hero Lab.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Kiirnodel

Old November 12th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I overlooked the part where we were talking about Arcanist...
Kiirnodel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote