Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old July 5th, 2014, 09:38 AM
So, something you can flag on a topic (hey, I managed to avoid the word 'set') that puts it into "manual link only" mode?
Chemlak is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old July 5th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Sorry for drawing us off topic and hijacking the thread....

We already have the "shown" checkbox for topics and snippets. Maybe a "parsed" checkbox that defaults to always on?
AEIOU is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old July 7th, 2014, 03:32 PM
[ignore this post, it added nothing to the discussion]

Last edited by mirtos; July 7th, 2014 at 03:45 PM.
mirtos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old July 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Don't make the mistake of using 'Will' as an alias of Will saving throw in 3.5 edition or Pathfinder, or you will (see what I mean?) be doing a lot of link overriding. This is really a fairly gross oversight not to offer treating words not starting with a capital as ordinary words on at least a case basis.

While we are at it, I can't get the program to auto-link possessives. That is something like "Thor's Hammer" won't auto-link (or at least I can't get it to work).
Bidmaron is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old July 7th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
While we are at it, I can't get the program to auto-link possessives. That is something like "Thor's Hammer" won't auto-link (or at least I can't get it to work).
I have a bug report in about quotes messing up auto-linking. My specifics are about aliases ending in quotes, but there seems to be issues with quotes in alias text and auto-linking.
MaxSupernova is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Hubrice

Old July 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM
What if, upon saving and prior to the links being established, there was an option to auto-replace the quotes and apostrophes to a default character? Part of this check would be to allow for matching case or not. These could be options in the settings, so you don't have to go through the process each time. You just "set it and forget it".

While I have not run into these problems yet, I can see the potential for errors and mistakes. I will definitely run into the issue with Set and set.
Hubrice is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
TheSleeper

Old July 12th, 2014, 09:42 PM
To change ‘Drow’ to “Drow” or any other combo simply go to the drow article and change ‘Drow’ to “Drow” now everything that was ‘Drow’ will be Drow”. Repeat as many times as needed and you can combine different spelling and such under one spelling.
TheSleeper is offline   #17 Reply With Quote