Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

AEIOU

Old June 26th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I really, really like the trait lists and ability to add additional descriptors for physical, mental, personality,etc. But once you get a decent selection, it gets unwieldy.

Definitely not a high priority but could something along the lines of this image I stumbled upon be implemented? The key thing here is that you can quickly select trait gradients and you cut the entire list down to 1/4 it's length if you have all of the traits in a single-column like it is implemented now.

AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 26th, 2014, 10:32 AM
There's a point where you're better off just typing or copy/pasting text instead of using tags. If you want to have this many related traits available, you might be better off having a Personality Traits Article with trait table(s) organized the way you like and copy/paste them from there.

You lose searching/filtering by tags, but you get to organize things how you want and you can still search for the words.

My related UI suggestion would be to use keyboard input for filtering or selecting in the select tag dialogs. I'd like to type a partial match and filter down the items in the list to only matches, but selecting the first matching item or selecting the next item whose first letter matches would be better than what we have now when the list is long.

(Also single tag and multiple tags from a list of selected domains tag snippet styles.)

Last edited by Parody; June 26th, 2014 at 10:46 AM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 26th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Why do you need so many actual tags, rather than just plain text?
Are you wanting to filter down your list of characters to such precision?
Farling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 26th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Quote:
My related UI suggestion would be to use keyboard input for filtering or selecting in the select tag dialogs. I'd like to type a partial match and filter down the items in the list to only matches, but selecting the first matching item or selecting the next item whose first letter matches would be better than what we have now when the list is long.
Agree, this would also be very helpful.

And sorry I wasn't clear. What I get for editing my thoughts too much.... I'm definitely not seeking more tag fields. There are too many similar ones spread across several categories already. I've collapsed all the existing traits into PERSONALITY and PHYSICAL.

Rather what I'd like is a tag with some manner of structure that would allow us to organize how the tag options are presented to us. I honestly don't know how/if it could be done but a single long list isn't as useful as it could be. I think what I want is some way to create "tag tables" or maybe just show multiple columns?

Why tags rather than text? Tags are useful because they are built-in to every topic and don't require any other tabs or windows. Text fields would work coupled with an external list of words to select from.

Thanks for helping to refine!
AEIOU is offline   #4 Reply With Quote