Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Grand Moff Vixen

Old April 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I have just purchased a second game system for hero lab. 3.5 OGL. I also have Pathfinder as well. When I activated 3.5 it put Pathfinder into demo mode. When I activate the Pathfinder game, it does the same to 3.5, straight into demo mode. Is there a way to keep both active at the same time? I do not like having to activate one each time I switch to it from using the other.

I sent an email off to support and in the meantime I am posting here to see if anyone has had this issue before or has heard of it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The way you describe separately "activating" Pathfinder and d20 leads me to think you purchased two separate licenses, selecting a separate game system for each. That's the only way you could revert to demo mode for one game system when you "activate" the other.

The way things are supposed to work is that you purchase the product once, select the initial game system, and then purchase further game systems as add-ons to the original license. When you do that, all of the game systems become available through the same license, so you can easily switch between them.

This sounds like something that you'll need to work through with support, since you'll probably need to have the new license for d20 revoked and the d20 game system added to your previous license you used for Pathfinder. Then again, I could be misunderstanding something here, which again is something that you can work through accurately with support, since they'll be able to pull up your exact order information and verify the details with you - I'm just guessing based on the limited information in your post.

You should hear back from someone shortly to help sort this out for you.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old April 5th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Here is what I did. I was logged into Pathfinder. I then switched game systems to the D20. Then I went to the menu License>Purchase Hero Lab. Was there another way I was supposed to do this?

What else could I have done to ensure that the license was added to my Pathfinder one? I just want to make sure that I don't do it again.

Thanks.
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 5th, 2012, 11:22 PM
The "Purchase Hero Lab" option allows you to buy the full product. The "Purchase Data Package" option beneath it allows you to buy both add-ons for a game system and new game systems for any existing license. Normally, the "Purchase Hero Lab" option is greyed out when you have a license, which you'll see is the case for Pathfinder. However, since you switched to d20 and did not have a license for that yet, you were in demo mode, so the options were enabled based on you not having a license for d20.

We'll need to look into make this clearer in a future update. Sorry for the confusion. You should hear back from support shortly, at which point they can get everything squared away for you by adding d20 to your previous license used for Pathfinder. This should also save you $10, since adding a new game system is only $20 instead of the $30 full product price.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old April 6th, 2012, 04:25 AM
I get it now. Well, I look forward to hearing back from support. So any game systems I buy from here on out I should go to purchase data package.

So, will I get a $10 refund due to having paid $30 for the D20 system?
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:20 PM
You should be due a $10 refund for d20. Alternately, you can probably get another $10 of add-ons for Pathfinder added to your license instead. I'm not sure, but I think it can be handled either way. Just coordinate it with support.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Nan

Old April 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
My name is Nancy and I work in the Support Dept. here at Lone Wolf Development. Can you send me a quick email with your name and email address. That way I can check to see if your email has been responded to and I can assist you if it hasn't. Thank you! email: nan@wolflair.com
Nan is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Grand Moff Vixen

Old April 9th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
My name is Nancy and I work in the Support Dept. here at Lone Wolf Development. Can you send me a quick email with your name and email address. That way I can check to see if your email has been responded to and I can assist you if it hasn't. Thank you! email: nan@wolflair.com
I responded to the email. Thanks!
Grand Moff Vixen is offline   #8 Reply With Quote