Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Sketchpad

Old April 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Is there a way to purchase additional licenses past the extra 2 that you can buy? Many thanks in advance

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
Sketchpad is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Four licenses total is the current limit. We figured that was a pretty safe number, since it would allow someone to put the product on their desktop, their laptop, their work machine, and still one more beyond that (i.e. wife's computer, game room machine, kid's system, whatever).

We can theoretically change the limit when we make some changes on the server in the upcoming months. Please give me your example of how the current 4-license restriction is too limiting and we can assess increasing the number later this year.

Thanks!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old April 13th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Well, in my case, I'm wondering for when a tablet version comes around or possibly if we get another desktop. In addition, it'd be nice to be able to get licenses for other members of my group so they could use their laptops at the session.

Sketchpad is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 14th, 2012, 05:03 AM
The secondary licenses are not for your friends. I believe you are only allowed to purchase/have them for your immediate family at most.
cryptoknight is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Now that the Mac version is finally wrapping up, we'll be announcing preliminary info about tablet support in the next month or two. So stay tuned for the particulars on how that will work.

As for using secondary licenses for other members of your gaming group, that's not allowed by the license agreement. Our objective with the secondary licenses is to make it possible for users to run Hero Lab on all the various computers that *they own* - not to put the product on their friends' computers as well. If you're doing that, it goes against the license agreement and we have no desire to make it even easier to break that agreement.

It sounds like the four license limit would suffice for your needs if we take your friends' computers out of the equation. If so, then the way things are currently structured is reasonable. If you've got a situation where you have more than four computers that you personally own, then please outline the situation and we can evaluate whether to make changes later this year.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
fillerbunny_x1
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Now that the Mac version is finally wrapping up, we'll be announcing preliminary info about tablet support in the next month or two. So stay tuned for the particulars on how that will work.
Now THAT is some news!
fillerbunny_x1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Sketchpad

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Good enough I'm looking forward to the tablet announcement

Sketchpad is offline   #7 Reply With Quote