Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:34 AM
Is there a tag that will exclude a spell from the selection list for scrolls? Much like the Helper.NoSelect tag does for weapons? I can't find one in the aug_tags file.
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 23rd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Is there a tag that will exclude a spell from the selection list for scrolls? Much like the Helper.NoSelect tag does for weapons? I can't find one in the aug_tags file.
Just curious, are you asking as a "House Rule" thing because there is an "unscribeable" magic spell in your campaign?

I've always been under the impression that all spells can be enscribed into a scroll, unlike putting them into a potion or a wand where there are limits to the spell level can be contained.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
No. I've tricked HL into creating spell-like abilities for my monsters. In order to do so, I had to use the Spell mechanic in the Editor. Now these show up on the list of spells for scrolls, which I would prefer they didn't. I can live with it, but if there is a way to exclude them, I will. Your description is apt, that would be a good tag. Helper.NoScribe, but I digress, this doesn't exist, but is there a tag that does that would do this?
Kendall-DM is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
I'm checking into this but having trouble finding where the gizmo's xItemExpr field is being set. If you can get from the sCustomScr pick, to the gizmo, to the field you should be able to manipulate it to ignore whichever spells you like.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
That's the real crux, I have no way to do that with a custom item, since custom items are created internally. Somehow I would have to make a script to drill up/down to get to it, but I have no actual thing to work with. That's why I suggested doing it at the spell.

Anyhow, it's not a HUGE deal, just something I was pondering and hoping there was some tag I was overlooking. As it is now, I just use the search feature to exclude/include what I need anyhow. It was more for aesthetics than anything.
Kendall-DM is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
You could setup a foreach on one of the adjustments to look for the custom scroll picks and then modify the field. Just an idea.
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old June 23rd, 2012, 10:26 PM
It's an idea, but not a great one. I'd have to select the adjustment each time I wanted to restrict scroll selection. That's essentially what the search feature already does for me, without having to add an adjustment. Oh well, it was just a hope for some mechanic, I can live with it, no biggie.
Kendall-DM is offline   #7 Reply With Quote