Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

gleamingterier

Old December 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I'm curious if anyone has started work on a BattleTech RPG/A Time of War game system? I've started one myself, and I'm wondering if I haven't bit off more than I can chew. Anyone want to work with me on this? And is there anyone familiar with both system that can tell me if rooting around in the Shadowrun HL code can help me out? How similar are the systems?
gleamingterier is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
chiefweasel

Old December 14th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Not sure, but a BT system would be great.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DthShdw

Old December 14th, 2011, 09:52 PM
I've thought about it, but for a couple of small problems: 1) My programming/scripting ability is barely better than negligible. I have difficulty even working in html. My mind just refuses to work in any fashion that computer languages can comprehend. and 2) I am actually not familiar with the A Time of War edition of the BT RPG. I've worked with both 2nd and 3rd edition of MechWarrior, but those were both back when Fasa still owned the properties. I have no idea if A Time of War is a revised 3rd edition or not, though that would be a difficult (though not impossible) system to implement to make a character generator for if it is. I love the lifepath system that was in 3rd edition (reminded me a lot of the one in Cyberpunk 2020, but more detailed, and more options), but it made character creation a really long process until you had it down pretty well.
DthShdw is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old December 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleamingterier View Post
And is there anyone familiar with both system that can tell me if rooting around in the Shadowrun HL code can help me out? How similar are the systems?
The two systems are radically different and it is highly unlikely there's much of use in the SR HL files.
Agyess is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Agyess

Old December 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DthShdw View Post
... I have no idea if A Time of War is a revised 3rd edition or not, though that would be a difficult (though not impossible) system to implement to make a character generator for if it is. I love the lifepath system that was in 3rd edition ..., but it made character creation a really long process until you had it down pretty well.
It is pretty much a direct descendant of 3rd ed. For someone who is familiar with the authoring kit (not me) I would guess it's as straight forward as any other game if you stick with the strict point-buy. Trying to do the life path might be exceedingly difficult. Though I'd very much like to see someone try!
Agyess is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
gleamingterier

Old December 17th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agyess View Post
It is pretty much a direct descendant of 3rd ed. For someone who is familiar with the authoring kit (not me) I would guess it's as straight forward as any other game if you stick with the strict point-buy. Trying to do the life path might be exceedingly difficult. Though I'd very much like to see someone try!

Yeah, I'm doing point-buy only. This is my first attempt at coding anything, so I'm not even going to try to open that can of worms.
gleamingterier is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gleamingterier

Old December 21st, 2011, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agyess View Post
Trying to do the life path might be exceedingly difficult. Though I'd very much like to see someone try!
Have any systems using lifepaths been coded for Hero Lab, either officially or via the Authoring Kit? I've looked, and I haven't seen any.
gleamingterier is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
gleamingterier

Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
So, I've taken a break for a while, but I'm trying to get this back up and running. Here are a few screenshots to show my progress, what little of it there is...

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get some traits that are variable and some that aren't, like so...

gleamingterier is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
cryptoknight
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:15 AM
Need any help? I can't claim to be an expert at this level, but I've swung the hammer a few times at SR4e and D&D 4e.
cryptoknight is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Adrian Gideon

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:36 AM
My group's going to start up an AToW campaign in the next 6 months or so, I wouldn't mind taking a look or even tinkering around if it'd help. I'd need to purchase the Authoring Kit to do so, right?
Adrian Gideon is offline   #10 Reply With Quote