Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Enforcer84

Old July 13th, 2019, 10:59 PM
I have a user file for all my Acrane Traditions. One of them I've been working on was a /r/UA the Tidecaller.

Anyway any time I add something to this character I get this...(see attached)

The thing is, those things don't show up in that user file where they allude too.

here's the user file as well.

Any ideas about this?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (117.1 KB, 6 views)
Attached Files
File Type: email 5e_Arcane Traditions.user (42.0 KB, 4 views)
Enforcer84 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 14th, 2019, 08:37 AM
The error is from a script that you can't see that's trying to find xTotalLev on your bootstraps to cNautMast.

The problem is that xTotalLev isn't defined for cNorthStar and the other things in your array to choose . You should probably remove the ClSpecWhen restrictions on those array entries.

When Hero Lab sees the ClSpecWhen autotag it has to do some calculations in the background - unfortunately nested bootstraps like this don't inherit the xTotalLev from their parent.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old July 15th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dungeonguru View Post
The error is from a script that you can't see that's trying to find xTotalLev on your bootstraps to cNautMast.

The problem is that xTotalLev isn't defined for cNorthStar and the other things in your array to choose . You should probably remove the ClSpecWhen restrictions on those array entries.

When Hero Lab sees the ClSpecWhen autotag it has to do some calculations in the background - unfortunately nested bootstraps like this don't inherit the xTotalLev from their parent.
Oh sweet. Thank you!
Enforcer84 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old July 16th, 2019, 10:09 PM
Well, I removed ClSpecWhen and the error remains and now it tells me the first array choice needs a ClSpecWhen.

I will need to poke more.
Enforcer84 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old July 17th, 2019, 03:31 AM
Ah, I didn't see that your bootstraps were also class specials. I think you can recreate these as generic abilities on the general tab or as a custom ability like the totems/arcane shots/eldritch evocations of other classes. Class specials DO require a level to be passed to them.

Another way to maybe recreate this would be like the Totem Warrior does. That subclass uses a pretty simple configurable to hold the totem choices. Alternately you could look at the Arcane Archer and do it that way. Both define their choices as Custom Abilities.
dungeonguru is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old July 17th, 2019, 04:39 PM
ok gotcha. I've mucked with that before I'll take a look at it. Thank you for your response!
Enforcer84 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote