Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

EightBitz

Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
Yeah, no one has mentioned it, but since the launch of the CM the weekly updates stopped. They didn't dwindle or become monthly. They simply stopped with no explanation. I know they are a small company, but the regular updates go along way in terms of customer relations and now they just have another promise broken instead.
I think the goal of the weekly updates was to keep use posted on the state of the content market. Now that it's out, I was under the impression that it served it's purpose. What sort of status updates are you still expecting?
EightBitz is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 3rd, 2019, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I think the goal of the weekly updates was to keep use posted on the state of the content market. Now that it's out, I was under the impression that it served it's purpose. What sort of status updates are you still expecting?
I'd like a roadmap of what they are doing next. I don't want dates just an idea of what plans they have for the future. Will there be another survey? When will the CM open up to community contributions and/or publishers of non PF and 5e material? Is the web version the next major thing or are they going to give us any of the much desired features we've been waiting years for first?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
or are they going to give us any of the much desired features we've been waiting years for first?
Huh, did you just mention calendars? ;-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 3rd, 2019, 11:49 PM
Between now and Gen Con I wouldn't expect much that isn't about Hero Lab Online. They'll want Pathfinder 2 (1.0) working, Starfinder polished up and (preferably) ready with new content, new features to show off, and (perhaps) Pathfinder 1 in HLO (even if just as a demo.)

Parody is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old June 4th, 2019, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Between now and Gen Con I wouldn't expect much that isn't about Hero Lab Online.
I don't expect much. I just want some regular communication. Honestly there should be a blog or something linked to the website. It's not just forum members that deserve some communication. If they had a regular newsletter each month that would be ok, but they have not had a regular newsletter in forever. Personally, I like the Roll20 model of regular info linked to the main webpage. I know they are a small company, but an hour a week spent on customer communication would be well worth it in my opinion. This is especially true for a company that has a very poor reputation in this area.
meek75 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 4th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone!

My apologies it took me so long to get to this thread, I was indeed at Paizo Con and am also without an assistant/communications director again, so I sort of live under an avalanche right now. I've had to get a lot of other items squared away before I could wade over to once again take over communications until the time in which a replacement can be found.

There really isn't a whole lot to report for the Content Market itself. As most know from the last newsletter the ability to purchase server time has been made live. And there will be another Newsletter out soon.

Rise of the Runelords received an update recently, you should download if you own the realm and be sure the issues you're having aren't already repaired. I'll take the notes from this thread and see what we can do for future improvements and to provide a better idea of what things can be expected to look like.

Also, we should have a new content release this month with a few Kobold books and some PFS scenarios.

I do have a plan for how I would like to see future communications work including Q&As and the like, it's just slow going with all the other items I handle. I would expect things to be back on track and new interactions going live after Gen Con.

Hope that helps!
BJ is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Murrdox

Old June 4th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the update, BJ!

It's great to see Realm Works taking some steps forward with the Content Market and the subscriptions, which I know are super important to Lone Wolf so that you can get some revenue generating from this wonderful tool we are using.

I'd love to see a roadmap of where Lone Wolf is going with Realm Works in the near future. Can we expect any more Realm Works updates this year? Is the focus going to be on bugfixes / quality of life improvements, or big ticket items like a web-based Player View? Is Lone Wolf working with more companies to bring their rule systems and adventures to Realm Works?

...and what about custom calendars? ;p
Murrdox is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old June 4th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
Hey everyone!

My apologies it took me so long to get to this thread, I was indeed at Paizo Con and am also without an assistant/communications director again, so I sort of live under an avalanche right now. I've had to get a lot of other items squared away before I could wade over to once again take over communications until the time in which a replacement can be found.

There really isn't a whole lot to report for the Content Market itself. As most know from the last newsletter the ability to purchase server time has been made live. And there will be another Newsletter out soon.

Rise of the Runelords received an update recently, you should download if you own the realm and be sure the issues you're having aren't already repaired. I'll take the notes from this thread and see what we can do for future improvements and to provide a better idea of what things can be expected to look like.

Also, we should have a new content release this month with a few Kobold books and some PFS scenarios.

I do have a plan for how I would like to see future communications work including Q&As and the like, it's just slow going with all the other items I handle. I would expect things to be back on track and new interactions going live after Gen Con.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, BJ! I appreciate the comment.
EightBitz is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old June 9th, 2019, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
Huh, did you just mention calendars? ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrdox View Post
..and what about custom calendars? ;p
Calendars? Did someone say Calendars?

Gary
Assistant Calendar Champion (retired)

GM: D&D 3.5 homegrown Local/Small Scale campaign
GMing blog: http://www.undiscoveredworlds.com

Last edited by weogarth; June 9th, 2019 at 11:58 AM.
weogarth is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 9th, 2019, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Calendars? Did someone say Calendars?
Shhhh! You mustn't mention it which must not be named.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote