Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pooptickler

Old July 18th, 2023, 09:12 PM
Is there a way to change the School to a spell and/or add a DC to it?
I want to be able to use the old Snowball (People of the North, pg 26) spell, but it's either that or ask for a spoonfeed on recreating it in the editor.
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 21st, 2023, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
Is there a way to change the School to a spell and/or add a DC to it?
I want to be able to use the old Snowball (People of the North, pg 26) spell, but it's either that or ask for a spoonfeed on recreating it in the editor.
You'll need to create a new version in the editor. It's not too hard. You'll want to do a new (copy) of the spell with a new id and school. Be sure to note the original spell id so you can put that into the "Replaces thing id" slot. Once finished, re-compile and you'll have yourself a new spell. You won't even need to change it out in the portfolio. It will automatically replace the existing spell with the new one.

Alternately, you could create an adjustment which lets you choose a spell on your character then applies a new tag based on what school you want it to be, but the above is likely to be easier if you aren't familiar with the editor.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 23rd, 2023, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
You'll need to create a new version in the editor. It's not too hard. You'll want to do a new (copy) of the spell with a new id and school. Be sure to note the original spell id so you can put that into the "Replaces thing id" slot. Once finished, re-compile and you'll have yourself a new spell. You won't even need to change it out in the portfolio. It will automatically replace the existing spell with the new one.

Alternately, you could create an adjustment which lets you choose a spell on your character then applies a new tag based on what school you want it to be, but the above is likely to be easier if you aren't familiar with the editor.
I am not a clever person, but I am willing to at least try and edit the old one in.
Could I ask you for some pointers on it?
Pooptickler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 23rd, 2023, 05:39 PM
Ok, I'm starting to figure it out, but I'm confused about the classes.
Do I have to add every archetype to the classes tab so they'll work?
Pooptickler is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 24th, 2023, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
Ok, I'm starting to figure it out, but I'm confused about the classes.
Do I have to add every archetype to the classes tab so they'll work?
You shouldn't. I've never done that. I assume this would only be necessary if a specific archetype had a spell that the base class didn't have. Even then it probably wouldn't be necessary as the archetype would probably handle that itself.
Sendric is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 24th, 2023, 08:01 AM
You started by making a copy of the existing Snowball spell, right? If so, that should already have had all the right classes assigned to it - nothing to change.

Even with the protected content that won't let you save a copy, you can open two copies of HL, each with an editor, so that you can quickly copy all the settings from the original to your new variant.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old July 24th, 2023, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
You started by making a copy of the existing Snowball spell, right? If so, that should already have had all the right classes assigned to it - nothing to change.

Even with the protected content that won't let you save a copy, you can open two copies of HL, each with an editor, so that you can quickly copy all the settings from the original to your new variant.
Nope, made it from wholecloth.
Took me about an hour, but I'm pretty impressed I managed to do it by myself.
BEHOLD.
Attached Files
File Type: email 3PPSnow.user (1.6 KB, 2 views)
Pooptickler is offline   #7 Reply With Quote