Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Giddoen

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Zarlor I was able to complete the character adter I did the base creation and then reloaded him then added a diff small arm and it worked fine.

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
OK, I sent this to Lone Wolf - Hope to get an answer soon. This is what I wrote,

Here is the problem we are have with the Savage World game system. we are using a released PEG data through hero lab called Hell on Earth, creator is zarlor on the forms - we have been talking back and forth and figured we should send it to you at Lone Wolf for an answer.

We start building a character and pick the edge Templar -after which we pick different weapons and we get this error.

This is mine

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\jwillis\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4104.t xt

C:\Program Files\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1b 353

major: 6, minor: 0, build: 6002, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 2, spmaj: 2, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000300, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051bb27
Type: bad read

and this is Giddoens from the form

HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE: Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you can find them in this file: C:\Users\jpolack\AppData\Local\Temp\lwderror4772.t xt

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
4.1b 353

major: 6, minor: 1, build: 7601, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 1, spmaj: 1, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x0051bb27
Type: bad read

Zarlor who created the file said he started to encounter this also. We can't figure out why and was wonder if any of you could figure it out.

Thanks for any help.
jbearwillis
jbearwillis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM
There at one time not to long ago - One of the Pathfinder releases was having a problem of crashing with a error close to the one we are having - I don't think it was the same one but was doing the same thing - it would throw an error and then crash, but it was happening when you tried to load the Pathfinder game. It did at the end of the error say Bad Read. So maybe it's close enough that they might be able to figure it out.
jbearwillis is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Ok just got my response automated email saying they got my email and got a case #. It says they should answer within 2-3 days. So we are now on the waiting list per say.
jbearwillis is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 9th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Actually I don't think it's the file, or at least not just that file. I get it with DLNoir as well and I'm pretty sure that's an error I've been getting, intermittently, with other files as well.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM
That's what I was saying - a pathfinder release awhile back was doing the same thing except it was when you loaded Pathfinder - a lot of people was have the problem with a very close error - When you loaded Pathfinder - it would throw a like error and then crash. They spent must of a Friday night and a Saturday morning getting it fixed - I don't think it's that severe, but something is wrong. I think it has to do with the program but I could be very wrong - so I sent it along. For them to check it - I just used the hell on Earth in there because at the time - that was the file we all where working in - not to say it was your file. But to explain what we all were doing at that time.
jbearwillis is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Well that doesn't mean it ISN'T the file. Heck most of mine are built on each other in some way, so it's always possible there's some thing that exists in all of them that could be an issue. I would think this is probably somewhat different than that Pathfinder issue, though, since it isn't when loading the game system, but it could be similar. Since it seems this one is coming up when adding something, either an Edge or an Item or the like, which is also when I think I'm running into it on Noir.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old April 9th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Well Colen is trying to work on it now - He asked me to explain exactly what I did to get the error because he had a problem getting it to do what it did on us- so I explained exactly what I did for the error to happen and emailed him back with it.
jbearwillis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old April 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM
ok so today I was going over the Templar and noticed that his sword was missing from the character sheet...so I went to reload the character and it crashed:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'creDNSuOak' - Bootstrap thing 'abResPierc' does not exist

this happened after I installed the Noir update?

Anyone else????

Giddoen

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM
That probably means I forgot to add a source. Give me a few minutes to get it fixed.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #20 Reply With Quote