Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Eilserves

Old September 15th, 2022, 12:33 PM
A player in one of the games I play in has come up with, and had approved, and Archetype for Swashbuckler that is a variant on the Master of Many Styles from Monk. This archetype grants proficiency in the "Monk" Fighter weapon group, along with allowing these weapons to count as swashbuckler weapons for deeds, and count as unarmed for style feats. This replace a lot of deeds as well as charmed life, and some other features.

As the only one in our group who has done any work in the editor, it's been asked of me to try to code this up. I've got the proficiency adjustment working. I've got the class going off Wis instead of Cha for Panache. I've got the Precise Strike deed working with "Monk" Weapons. So far, all good. Here's where I'm running into an issue:

The bonus feats for the Swashbuckler at 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20 - I need to be able to strip the regular combat and panache feats and put in the same style feat (sans Elemental fist, maybe) as an MoMS. I've looked at the archetype code and I _think_ I know where to head but I'm not getting much success. The regular bonus feats are still showing. I'm especially not sure what variable to replace "Monk" with on these lines:

Code:
      perform linkage[varies].delete[BonusFor.Monk1]
This line repeats for levels 6, 10, 14, and 18 also. I need to replace this with Swashbuckler at 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 (I presume anyway) to clear the old bonus feats.

I've also tried tags: fExclude Combat and fExclude Panache based on the base class having these as "fCategory" tags. This did not strip the standard bonus feats.

fCategory Style / Combat Style doesn't _add_ the bonus feats.

I'm also not sure how to have the levels count as Monk, as the tag "FtCountAs" with a value of Monk has not accomplished this.
Eilserves is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old September 16th, 2022, 09:16 AM
If you add some levels of Swashbucker to a character, you can use the Debug "Floating Info Window" to look at the fields on the Swashbuckler class helper (cHelpSws) by using the "Show Selection Fields" option and choosing the picks you want to look at.

(There are picks added to the hero for each level of each class, but also a class helper that is unique and added once per class. The class helper controls most of the mechanics for that class.)

In a script on your archetype, you'll want to make some changes to fields on that class helper.

There is an array field cBonFtTot that holds the total number of bonus feats available at each level, which you would want to change to match the correct progression for your archetype.

There is also a tag expression stored in the cBonFtExpr field, which controls which feats can be selected for those bonus feats. You'll need to change that tag expression so that it matches the bonus feats that you want to have available.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old September 19th, 2022, 06:52 PM
Thanks for pointing me in a direction and not just tossing code to copy. Actually getting some guidance and not just the answer helps me learn so I appreciate that!

I was not able to find the edits to the fBonFtExpr field, but I did figure out how to get most of the way there.

I used the "Modified Bonus Feats" entry in the body of the archetype and set them to -1, -2, -3, -4, -5 at the appropriate levels, which wiped the regular bonus feats.
I then filled in the "Modified Secondary Bonus" with the appropriate levels to give the same feat progression back, selected "Combat Style" and "Style" Feats as the options, named the secondary bonus feats as "Style Feats" and it's showing up correctly. It is not, however, overriding the pre-reqs the way it should. But, still, progress...
Eilserves is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Eilserves

Old September 19th, 2022, 07:08 PM
addition: I tried using the code I found from the MoMS and changing the perform linkage[varies].pushtags[fInclude.?] to perform linkage[varies].pushtags[fCatSec.?] but this also did not seem to bypass the pre-reqs. Still, progress
Eilserves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote