Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Closed Thread

Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Just for reference, was there a change in how timing was handled in one of the last few updates? Because this is the one I'm getting now:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'edgArmSkin', with condition test currently at Initialize/10000 and its earliest possible resolution at Initialize/2100, bootstraps thing 'armNatural' which must have its live state resolved by Initialize/2000
Thing 'edgHeArSk', with condition test currently at Initialize/10000 and its earliest possible resolution at Initialize/2100, bootstraps thing 'armNatural' which must have its live state resolved by Initialize/2000

This is probably in reference to a couple of edges Freak's get, but as I said, they weren't misbehaving a few months ago, so I'm confused and wondering if its now epidemic in the file.
Paragon is offline   #21
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Okay, now I'm really confused: its not happening with the versions of the file you sent me, CC; just the one I fixed myself. Any clue how that could happen? I can see the file getting munged or something, but timing problems showing up on one and not the other--even though as far as I know, the only thing CC fiddled with was the single thing.
Paragon is offline   #22
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2016, 07:05 PM
OK, the timing issue I identified was because of the added container req. The other two that come up after that is cleared are because those two Edges bootstrap gear and are not defined as EdgeWep. I identified the two offending Edges in that email I sent you, and they are those two.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #23
CapedCrusader

Old July 16th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I am thinking that your earlier assumption was true. If you cleared this issue earlier, then you must have pulled up an older version because this latest update didn't change that part at all. That was the previous update with the Sci-Fi Companion.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #24
Paragon

Old July 16th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Ah, I didn't realize you'd found and fixed those too; at least this makes sense now. And now that I think about it, I vaguely remember there were three errors in the file, post SF Companion, so that must have been what happened. Thanks for all your help.
Paragon is offline   #25
CapedCrusader

Old July 16th, 2016, 10:31 PM
No worries, glad to help!

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #26
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 18th, 2016, 06:30 AM
The SPC2 is now released - thanks for testing this out, everyone!
Colen is offline   #27
Closed Thread