Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Amazonnia

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Actually, I know many players that talked about having an app for Ipad and how useful it will be. Someone had an app for a builder but it's for 1 game, I'm not sure what it is or whats the name of the app. AB is a little more complex so not sure if that can be pulled off.
Amazonnia is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
TrentL

Old April 13th, 2012, 04:21 AM
I've been looking to buy a Tablet for awhile a toss up between Ipad3 and Asus Transformer Prime.

The deciding factor believe it or not is AB ... I was goign to wait for the new windows Tablets figuring WIndows 8 is being built to be used on both Tablet and PC it would be a bit more intituitive than Win7 tablets, and would allow me to use alot of my apps.

But being impatient I started looking around, my local gaming formuns (www.gamesummit.ca) I posted a "Anyone know a good AB system for smartphones/tablets" and someone mentioned they heard on a Podcast that they were looking to release an iPad version.

Perhaps they have chosen OS??
TrentL is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Rixnor

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:33 AM
So with the Mac Beta underway, any status update on this?

You could make a killing if you get this out before 40k 6th edition.
Rixnor is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
ichykiwi

Old May 30th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stucarius View Post
There are times, rare times, for a business when everything changes and guarantee you have a future you literally have to drop everything and embrace a future you never saw coming. This came a couple of years ago for Lone Wolf and I am not sure you guys have woken up to that yet.

Lets not even discuss a 1990's licensing model....Sorry to be so harsh but some one needs to tell you the truth.....
have to agree with this to some extent, ive been away from army builder for a long time and expected to come back to something with lots of visual wow, ability to add images of units easily and intuitively aswell as a version for ipad.. was amazed that you guys were still rocking windows only and massively retro look. also very disapointed that the ui is the same on the mac version. cant remember seeing an app on q mac that looked like this in a long time. expectations have moved on in regards to app content, update delivery and distribution. people expect high quality user interface and consistency with the rest of the OS. i loved getting back to army builder and having the ease of army construction but in this day and age expected awesome printouts or pdfs that looked more interesting than something created in excel or some other office program.

i know that sounds harsh but in my opinion the harshness of some of the comments in this thread stem from the fact that you have such an awesome product people will gladly fork out cash for and theres so much potential being wasted. i love the product honestly i do, just think it needs dragged out of 2001 and into the now.

come on guys , show us mac users some love... mac market share isnt as high as windows but when you remove corporate volume Licenses theres an awful lot of us, and were pretty loyal and from experience are willing to part with cash for quality goods :P
ichykiwi is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
REDEATH

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
haha take your time Lone Wolf....I think we are all anxious for an iPad version but some people don't seem to realise how small lone wolf is and how few resources you have...im sure some of the staff and programmers at lone wolf have other jobs other than this and it has mainly been a hobby, part time or moonlighting effort. Their budget is based on how many new and renewals they get per year so I imagine there are a few regular full time salaried staffers but not a huge 30 man developer team.

People seem to think lone wolf is a big outfit like microsoft or like a big budget game studio. They have to get back to reality and realise most of the great armybuilder files are created by volunteers not for profit.

Idealy I respect that you are making a MAC version and I can only assume iOS and the mac OS have some shared programing structure that will make it easier for you to port over to iOS after you finish the Mac version....if that is not the case then I think you should have concentrated on the iOS version first since I dont see many ppl lugging macbooks to tourneys but I have seen a lot of iPads and some Android tablets mostly Nooks and Kindle fire's...but iPad is the tablet of choice for this venue...as most of those people also have the Rule Books and Codexes PDF versions on their iPads. I think you would get a bigger return on an iOS version vs a MAC version. But I am optimistic that hopefully Mac OS and iOS share something that will make the iPad port of AB quicker.

Last edited by REDEATH; June 1st, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
REDEATH is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
MustardParty

Old July 16th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Blip. Keeping this on my radar. Own the PC version, re-upped my license and added a sub license for the Mac release, and can guarantee you that you will have a sale at out of me when the iOS version comes out. Waiting patiently, but anxiously until then!
MustardParty is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
awwwdudeman

Old September 25th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Well mac version in awesome worth every penny. Can't wait for the app now and defo buy for me thanks guys.
awwwdudeman is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
Rixnor

Old December 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry, not gonna let this fall off the front page. Still holding my breath.
Rixnor is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
amrogers3

Old December 29th, 2012, 09:41 PM
+1 for the iPad.
amrogers3 is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
MustardParty

Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Not giving up on this. Waiting for the epicness...
MustardParty is offline   #150 Reply With Quote