Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TheIronGolem

Old October 26th, 2020, 03:00 PM
I know I've been quiet lately, but I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still receiving and noting these bug reports, so keep it up!
TheIronGolem is offline   #961 Reply With Quote
Unspaceman

Old November 14th, 2020, 05:11 PM
Reporting a bug where Mercurial Flow being added causes the Power Attack multiplier to increase to 2x when using a two-handed weapon, as opposed to just increasing the multiplier to 1.5 when using an off-hand weapon.
Unspaceman is offline   #962 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 12th, 2021, 03:58 PM
Been really quiet for a while now, you doing ok?
GreyLurker is offline   #963 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old January 12th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLurker View Post
Been really quiet for a while now, you doing ok?
It's slow going, but I'm still working on USoP.

Last edited by TheIronGolem; January 12th, 2021 at 07:50 PM.
TheIronGolem is offline   #964 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 13th, 2021, 10:19 AM
Not sure which is causing the issue.

Battle Dragon's Stance (Thrashing Dragon, Level 3) in the Community Package reduces two-weapon fighting penalties by 2.

Balanced Blows (Dual Wielding) in the Spheres of Might package, reduces the penalties by half, when using Dual Attack.

Incidentally, with Weapon Groups on the Weapon Tab, Balanced Blows modifies the numbers for full-attacks which is probably the best we'll get since Hero Lab isn't going to display just two attacks.
It's up to the user to only use the first attack with each weapon.

However, with both Battle Dragon's Stance (enabled) and the Balanced Blows talent known, the penalty with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat and either 1H/Light or Light/Light weapons is reduced enough to grant a +1 bonus through the halving of the -2 penalty and removal of the -2 penalty.

It's the interaction of two different products; either works fine on it's own.
Ualaa is offline   #965 Reply With Quote
GreyLurker

Old January 15th, 2021, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Not sure which is causing the issue.

Battle Dragon's Stance (Thrashing Dragon, Level 3) in the Community Package reduces two-weapon fighting penalties by 2.

Balanced Blows (Dual Wielding) in the Spheres of Might package, reduces the penalties by half, when using Dual Attack.

Incidentally, with Weapon Groups on the Weapon Tab, Balanced Blows modifies the numbers for full-attacks which is probably the best we'll get since Hero Lab isn't going to display just two attacks.
It's up to the user to only use the first attack with each weapon.

However, with both Battle Dragon's Stance (enabled) and the Balanced Blows talent known, the penalty with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat and either 1H/Light or Light/Light weapons is reduced enough to grant a +1 bonus through the halving of the -2 penalty and removal of the -2 penalty.

It's the interaction of two different products; either works fine on it's own.
It's probably because the two don't actually combine.
Normal Two weapon fighting, which Thrashing Dragon modifies, is a full round action

The Dual-Wielding sphere works by giving you a 2nd attack when you make a Attack Action (which is a Standard Action)

So the one is modifying a Full round action and the other is modifying a Standard Action.
GreyLurker is offline   #966 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 15th, 2021, 06:03 PM
I know they shouldn't stack.
It's how Hero Lab is displaying them though.

It is giving the bonuses from both options to the full attack action.
Ualaa is offline   #967 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old January 26th, 2021, 12:17 PM
A relatively minor bug I thought I'd bring up. I just recently purchased Champions of the Spheres and was building an animal companion build. The Martial Beast archetype does properly apply the proficient practitioner progression, as expected, but it does not add Extra Combat Talent to the list of Animal Companion Feats. I can still add it, of course, but it does throw a validation error.
Fuzzy is offline   #968 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old January 26th, 2021, 12:43 PM
I guess I'll mention another validation problem I've encountered. The Canny Hunter Martial Tradition grants a bonus talent from either the Equipment or Scout sphere. It has a drop-down to choose which talent to gain, but when an equipment talent is then added (in my case, Expert Reloading), it flags for validation because I do not have the equipment sphere (which should not be required when granted by the martial tradition). Huntsman training, which is explicitly added by Canny Hunter, does not get flagged.
Fuzzy is offline   #969 Reply With Quote
Bad Andy

Old February 16th, 2021, 11:46 AM
I'm playing a Barbarian with the Painted Savage archetype from the Highlander's Handbook in a new game, how can I get it in Hero Lab?
Bad Andy is offline   #970 Reply With Quote