Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 18th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Realm Works Player Edition
GMs and players can begin the celebration! (We’ll bring the cake.) Realm Works Player Edition is now available for sale on our web store! Player Edition is available both for individual users and in discounted packs of 2-5 copies for gaming groups. The more copies, the greater the savings! If you have questions about Player Edition, be sure to check out our website for more information, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions section.

As a reminder for existing users, the 6 months free cloud service with GM Edition starts now! We’ll also be sending out a survey to all Realm Works users in early December. As we shared in our past two newsletters, we’ve been compiling a survey to determine the most frequently requested features based on the many feature requests on our forums. This survey will allow us to focus our development efforts on the features that matter most to our users. The focus on wrapping up Player Edition took precedence over the survey, so we’ll be sending the survey out after Player Edition releases. To ensure you receive our email, make sure that you opt into our newsletter, if you haven’t already.

Realm Works 1.0.21
In addition to Player Edition releasing, a new release of Realm Works is now available. This release includes a number of enhancements. While I've listed a number of the major enhancements below, we encourage all users to read the release notes for a full list of changes and bug fixes.

Please Note:
  • This version requires a login to proceed after installation! This is necessary as some major changes have taken place in conjunction with the release of Player Edition, and they require new data to be synced down from the server before the product can be used.

Significant Enhancements
  • Upon login, users are now prompted to configure basic privacy settings that are employed in conjunction with Player Edition. This prompt will recur with every login until the settings are configured.
Minor Enhancements
  • Due to recent changes in the way Hero Lab handles statblocks, internally viewing a Hero Lab portfolio (i.e. the statblock) requires that the portfolio be created with Hero Lab V6.1 or greater. Older portfolios cannot be viewed internally as statblocks and must be updated with the latest version of Hero Lab.
liz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 18th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Sweet!!!!!! Thankyou all for your hard work
Jaynay27 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:06 PM
In the famous words of Mr. Homer J Simpson:
Attached Images
File Type: png Woohoo.png (54.5 KB, 15 views)
DMG is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old November 18th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Looks good so far: was able to update, open and edit a realm, and sync without problems.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Yep looking pretty sweet.

Is there any way I can view my realm as if I was a 'player'? Just to confirm the way it looks and that the right info is revealed etc?
Jaynay27 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:33 AM
At the top right of the ribbon bar, you should be a button labeled "Enter Player Mode". Click that and you should be switched over so that you only see what your players will see. You can then navigate around to review things. Just click the button again to switch out of Player Mode.
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DWeiers

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Great News!! The Update-Process is working like expected, but i can't log in. Whenever i try to log in, it says that there is a previous session and asks, whether i want to terminate that session or not. I select Yes, and after a while am brought back to the login-screen with the message "Unable to Connect" in red below the field for the login credentials.
Bug Report is sent.
DWeiers is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
At the top right of the ribbon bar, you should be a button labeled "Enter Player Mode". Click that and you should be switched over so that you only see what your players will see. You can then navigate around to review things. Just click the button again to switch out of Player Mode.
Ok - Maybe I am blind, but I don't seem to have that button

I remember seeing that on a screenshot (online) somewhere before though and I wondered why it hadn't been added.

Help?
Jaynay27 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:45 AM
It sounds like something is messed up for some users. The person who can get to the bottom of this issue will be back online in the morning. I'll flag this to his attention so he can investigate right away. Make sure you've submitted a bug report with your account information (in case the account is misconfigured). Then stay tuned...
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old November 19th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It sounds like something is messed up for some users. The person who can get to the bottom of this issue will be back online in the morning. I'll flag this to his attention so he can investigate right away. Make sure you've submitted a bug report with your account information (in case the account is misconfigured). Then stay tuned...
Cheers Rob.

Helpful as always and not a major issue for now. Just excited to get my players on board
Jaynay27 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote