Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

sgprodigy

Old January 14th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Today I installed .143 and I launch it for the first time and it tells me I have to connect with the realm for each and then sync. I have 5 realms now (4 are empty), and somehow I keep getting more and can't delete the unused ones.

When I first started tonight I renamed 2 of the realms, and then sync'd those 2 just fine. The error happened after I synced a 3rd realm, renamed it, and then realized I misspelled something, and then renamed it again. Between the renames I did not sync. Now every other realm that had not already been sync'd won't sync (including the 3rd realm where I misspelled).

Now I get 3 realms that give me the error code 301 when syncing and the other 2 (the first 2) continue to sync just fine.

Any thoughts? Is this a bug or is there a server problem? Did I corrupt my DB? I hope not because the realm with real data in it is one that will now not sync.
sgprodigy is offline   #1
Mmurphy

Old January 14th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Don't quote me on this, but when I got the sync error, I un-installed RW completely including all backups and data-files. I then re-installed RW and everything sync'ed up normally.

I don't know if this is the proper procedure, but it did work for me.
Mmurphy is offline   #2
Mmurphy

Old January 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Opps, as a note (a bit late if you already did it), I did 'save' my data file in a different drive folder.
Mmurphy is offline   #3
Caraldur

Old January 15th, 2014, 05:45 AM
I had this same issue with Realm works and I fixed the issue by going to the %Appdata% folder for realm works and deleting the main.realm file. After that I logged back into Realm works and it downloaded my realms from the cloud.

This approached worked for all three computers that I was getting Error 301. Unfortunately, if you had made any changed to your Realm after it was successful synced with the cloud, you will need to enter that information again.

-Car
Caraldur is offline   #4
Nicole
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, if you are receiving a 301 error and are willing to lose any data which you have not synced up to the cloud, then you can erase your local realm file and take what the server has. This will allow you to sync again.
Nicole is offline   #5
malvernas

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:52 PM
will there be an option to erase the server data? I have had this issue pretty much since cloud syncing has been enabled and I have too much to do to revert back.
malvernas is offline   #6
Nicole
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Yup, overwriting the server information is in the works, as is overwriting the client on a per-realm basis (so those of you who synced up one realm from one computer and another realm from a different computer and are now at a loss as to how to get into a good state: this should work for you too). It's high priority, but there are a few odd corner cases which still need to be worked out.
Nicole is offline   #7
sgprodigy

Old January 15th, 2014, 01:58 PM
I was able to delete the master file and re-sync back to my PC. I lost all of the data I had entered into one of the realms last night. It was about an hours worth of work, but I was able to recreate it this afternoon.

Not happy about having to recreate my work, but now I understand that I need to sync and ensure it sync's correctly before entering any more data...every time.
sgprodigy is offline   #8
QAdlwest72

Send a message via AIM to QAdlwest72 Send a message via Yahoo to QAdlwest72 Send a message via Skype™ to QAdlwest72

Old January 25th, 2014, 07:48 AM
I did all of the above suggestions and I still cannot sync. Also completely unable to work offline as well.

"... the always-efficient flamethrower, my favorite... "[winks to the Mangalores]
QAdlwest72 is offline   #9