Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

starman77

Old March 20th, 2012, 08:31 AM
recent update is broken, getting the same errors as above.

all of the active skills that had either been purchased, or increased, via the advancements tab were showing multiple entries for the skills.

also any magical skill increased by the advancement tab causes validation errors. ie. i tested this with a new mage i created, every thing was fine untill i added karma (after locking the character) then increasing Astral Combat skill (purchased during creation). now claims the character does not have the ability to astrally percieve, giving a validation error.
starman77 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:58 PM
CeaDawg, are you seeing the same issue Aku and starman77 are reporting - that if you increase a skill on the advances tab, it adds an extra copy of that skill?

Is it those extra copies that are the skills that are reporting the errors you're seeing?

The error Aku and starman77 reported will be fixed in the next update, and although I'm still not sure what error you're trying to describe, I think it's the same thing.

Aku and starman77, thank you for reporting the issue.
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 22nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yes, and I'm also recreating the other issue I reported regarding the vehicles requiring implant maintenance be added to the vehicle's lifestyle, the mystery validation error goes away if I have all of the hero's vehicles and drones showing in the dashboard. However, I can still get the requirement for implant maintenance when I add modifications to the modifications of one or more weapon mounts on the vehicle. I'll have that written up and posted sometime Friday.
CeaDawg is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old March 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hi:

I made .por files for my group, but with the new update, and the duplicate skills issue, they're confusing, for example, 1 player has 3 Assensing skills, 4 Dodge skills and 2 Astral Combat skills. Is there a way to roll-back an update?

Thanks.
JDCoop is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Aku

Old March 23rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Not unless you happen to have a copy of shadowrun.hl from before the update. File is kept here: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download
at least it is for W7 64 bit. Even then, I don't know if the .por files will roll back correctly. Someone should be along who knows more than I do about this to answer your questions. I hope.
Aku is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
JDCoop

Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aku View Post
Not unless you happen to have a copy of shadowrun.hl from before the update. File is kept here: C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\download
at least it is for W7 64 bit. Even then, I don't know if the .por files will roll back correctly. Someone should be along who knows more than I do about this to answer your questions. I hope.
I don't, didn't save the old one before patch, and I don't see an automated back-up in the folders, the new update with issues replaced the old one. Ah well, it is what it is...unfortunately, the gaming session I was preparing for starts in about 10 min...so I've thrown away the 5 or so hours of prep work I did in the HL software and gone back to the incomplete pen and paper sheets everyone was using before I purchased the software. I'm out of time to try and find a work-around. I did try to do so last night for a couple more hours.

Might I suggest - LoneWolf - more testing, maybe an alpha community before releasing a patch? I patched the software without even thinking about it, and trashed half a day of work, then created a couple of hours of trying to figure a work-around, since there's a bug that significantly confounds basic char-sheet printout in the update. IMO updates could also back-up the previous update so we could roll-back in the case of an issue.

If you would like alpha/beta testers, I would sign up and do what I can...I had even custom-coded warrior's way for the physad in the group. I do understand the pressure to get out updates, but if they block basic user functionality, that's no good either.

John
JDCoop is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
CeaDawg

Old March 23rd, 2012, 08:18 PM
Ok, I give up. Mathias, I'm sorry. Apparently the latest patch has cleared what ever was causing the problem with the implant maintenance requirement for mods to the mods on weapon mounts. The original .por file had the errors present. I started rebuilding it from scratch, so I could document the steps and show where the error first appears. Unfortunately the bug that causes the the error no longer exists in the current patch.
So, abandoning the old .por file in favor of the reconstructed one clears up all of the errors, except for the multiple entries for the skills (Which you've stated is fixed in next patch.) and the mystery validation error that appears when I hide the minions, vehicles, and drones from the dashboard.
Attached Files
File Type: email Padraigh.por (729.2 KB, 0 views)
CeaDawg is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old March 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Active Skill: Forgery

Incorrectly identified as a LOGIC attribute base. It is an AGILITY base skill.

Page 127, SR 20th Anniversary Edition Rulebook.
crowofpyke is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
crowofpyke

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Fetish

None of them seem to work. In the "Gear" listing there are:

Fetish-Combat
Fetish-Detection
Fetish-Health
Fetish-Illusion
Fetish-Manipulation

All of them generate an error about "Nothing to select", probably because they are expecting some kind of Rating... which isn't working.
crowofpyke is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Protector152

Old March 25th, 2012, 05:08 PM
they are not expecting a rating, they are looking for a "Limited" Spell of the correct type. you can't learn limited spells at character creation as far as i know, only after the character is locked
Protector152 is offline   #20 Reply With Quote