Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 19th, 2018, 04:07 PM
How would I increase the radius of a particular aura by the HD of the monster? I know I need an eval script, but can't find one that does that.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 19th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Make a copy of the ability you want to alter and look at it. Does it generate/store the radius in a field? If so, increase that field. Hit dice can be taken from a herofield, or by counting Classes tags on the hero.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Send a message via AIM to AWizardInDallas Send a message via MSN to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Yahoo to AWizardInDallas Send a message via Skype™ to AWizardInDallas

Old October 21st, 2018, 11:45 AM
There isn't an existing ability of which I'm aware. Is there an object model for Hero Lab somewhere? The code for this doesn't seem readily apparent (like counting Hit Dice or levels). I know a couple of programming languages and can usually use reference material to arrive at coding solutions. I don't mind writing an new eval script and I'm not afraid to do so, but there seems to be no code reference for Hero Lab.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 23rd, 2018, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry, you've confused me. You said you wanted to increase "a particular aura", but then say that "there isn't an existing ability", which seems contradictory. Can you describe what your intention is a bit more?
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 23rd, 2018, 09:08 AM
Entropic Aura: The mere presence of a slaad subtly weakens the fabric of reality. Whenever a non-slaad creature adjacent to a slaad rolls a d20, it must roll twice and take the worse of the two rolls. [The radius for most slaad = 5 feet. The default value in the Range field, in the editor is 5.]

Most Slaads [Normal Statblock Line]:
Aura Entropic Aura (5 ft.)

Golden Slaads Statblock Line:
Aura Entropic Aura (10 ft.)

Black Slaads Statblock Line:
Aura Entropic Aura (20 ft.)

Here's what I ended up doing [Eval Scripts]:

Script #1
Final Phase: Priority 10000: Index 1
if (#totallevelcount[] >= 18) then <-- Golden Slaad HD = 18
field[abRange].value = 10
endif
if (#totallevelcount[] >= 20) then <-- Black Slaad HD = 20
field[abRange].value = 20
endif

call CalcRange

Script #2
Render: Priority 10000: Index 2
~ Use our value field as the range of our aura
field[livename].text = field[name].text & " (" & field[abRange].value & " feet)"

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
I'd have just set abRange as an assignval on the bootstrap where each race adds this ability unless this is for a race that can turn from one type of slaad to another (or if the radius increases if a lesser slaad gets additional HD added or takes enough class levels to be more than 18 HD), and adding ranges to names is so common that we set up a way to automate that - in the Automatic Name Generation section of the editor tab, Section 3 - In-Parentheses, choose "Include Range Text", and then you can delete that second script. Then choose the same setting in Automatic Statblock Name Generation.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
AWizardInDallas

Old October 23rd, 2018, 09:56 AM
Slaad is a subtype instead of a race and I've bootstrapped entropic aura to the subtype rather than than the race. This so that when I pick the slaad subtype in the Bestiary Monster Creation tool it adds entropic aura (plus a litany of other slaad subtype abilities) without my having to add them individually to each file. Subtype doesn't have the automatic options. Besides, I've also decided that if a Death Slaad, for example, does reach 18 HD I will indeed increase the radius of it's aura.

AWizardInDallas
AWizardInDallas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 23rd, 2018, 10:13 AM
Yes, in that case, the script is what you want.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote