Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mediator9292

Old November 1st, 2023, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
<assignval field="iCustSpec" value="Those Who Remain"/>

This is the offending line (I think - I suspect this is a compiling version of your code, not the bugged version with a condition added) - iCustSpec is a user field. You may not set those in a bootstrap if your bootstrap has a condition, so you'll need to add a trusted script to set that text on the pick, under the same conditions that let the power be live.

However, that's not really safe - what if your user starts touching that field's text? Making scripts trusted should always be a last resort.

I'd make a special, non-purchasable version of the Bane power that is "Bane (Those Who Remain)", where that text is just a permanent addition, and the power doesn't ask the user to customize it, and add that instead.
That was it! Thank you so much, Mathias! I got some message about needing to restart HL because of bootstrapping concerns, but it's all good now! Thank you so much for your help!
Mediator9292 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 2nd, 2023, 09:33 AM
Are you sure it was about restarting HL, and not reloading? Since your item has conditional bootstraps, Test Now is no longer an option, but that shouldn't require a re-start - just use ctrl-r for a quick reload.

(In the Develop menu, make sure "Enable Data File Debugging" is turned on to enable quick reload).
Mathias is offline   #12 Reply With Quote