Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

quistar

Old October 24th, 2023, 01:43 AM
I've tried doing this but cannot find a way. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is for the core rogue class.

- Andrew <:-(}
quistar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2023, 08:47 AM
In the editor, Class grouping, Custom Ability tab - that's the case for almost all the class abilities where the user can choose from a list of abilities.

Then, you use the "Available to Classes" and "Not Primary Ability" settings to identify which class, and which table within that class, it belongs on. I'd recommend starting by copying an existing rogue talent, so that you start with the correct settings, and then modifying from there.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 25th, 2023, 07:48 PM
Which one would be the rogue talent for the original rogue class? I'm having trouble finding it. There are several options.

Last edited by quistar; October 25th, 2023 at 07:56 PM.
quistar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 26th, 2023, 06:38 AM
Back up - the question I thought I was answering was "I have a new talent I'd like to add, for rogues to use" Because I'm talking about finding existing talents, like "Fast Stealth" or "Finesse Rogue" and starting the new talent as a copy of one of the existing ones.

Is your question "How do I allow my new class to select from rogue talents" or "How do I use an archetype to add the option to select rogue talents to an existing class"?

If it's either of those, please specify which. Or, search back through this forum - that one's been asked before.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 26th, 2023, 07:28 PM
Okay, sorry. I want to give a new class I'm creating the "rogue talent" ability of the rogue, same ability acquired at the same levels. Does that help?

So yeah, the first option.

quistar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2023, 07:35 AM
Find the "Custom Abilities" section on the class tab
Custom Ability Count: row 0 is level 1, row 1 is level 2, etc., and the values are the number of abilities available at that level, and you can leave rows blank if they're the same as the row above them, so fill in 1, 2, 3, all the way to 10 in rows 1, 3, 5, etc., up to 10 in row 19.

Custom Ability Name: Rogue Talent

Allow Custom Abilities: check "Rogue" (there are two with this name - choose the second - the one that will say "cHelpRog" if you mouse over the ?, plus "Rogue (Unchained)" and "Ninja" (assuming your class gets the same ninja tricks and the talents that are only available to the unchained rogue, not the base rogue).

Where to learn this:
In the editor, choose Help, and then "Help on using the editor", and then "Adding a Complex Class (Tutorial 4)" or "Adding the Alchemist Class (Tutorial 7)"
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 27th, 2023, 08:27 AM
Thanks. I did as suggested, and it shows a Rogue Talent at every even level in the class level chart. But when I go to the character sheet to add a rogue talent, it says "Nothing to choose from!" So there's a link still missing here. I need to find which Custom Ability gives the rogue talent, but there are several listed there. Which one do I need?

Last edited by quistar; October 27th, 2023 at 09:04 AM.
quistar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2023, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're referring to - I don't have enough information yet to help diagnose what's missing

Last edited by Mathias; October 27th, 2023 at 08:46 AM.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 27th, 2023, 09:04 AM
I tried clarifying my last post. Does that help?

Also, the three options that come up when I do a search with "Rogue Talent" gives me the following options:

cAlcRogTal
cRogRogTal
cSklRogTal

Not sure what I need or if these are the ones.

Last edited by quistar; October 27th, 2023 at 09:10 AM.
quistar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2023, 09:13 AM
In the "Allow Custom Abilities", which checkboxes did you check? They're listed in that option by name, not by Id (although you can see the Ids by moving your mouse over the ? at the right-hand end).

Where are you performing this search for "Rogue Talent"?
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote