Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

BillAtherton

Old December 12th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I have a problem with a file using AB3.1
I have tried to send my problem to the address given by th "Help" button on the page. It bounced.
I sent it to "Support at wolflair.com"
I got back an email. (Very quickly.) Advising me to ask on here.
So here goes.
Can anyone advise me how to get in touch with the file author for the EL CID file in WAB :?:
The email address from the page bounces.

If this is the correct place to state what the problem is I can do that. If not, where can I get some support?
Bill Atherton.
BillAtherton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 14th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Based on communications early this year with the "author" of the WAB data files, all he did was run the data files for AB 2.x through the converter we developed, then clean them up a little bit. If his email is now bouncing, we have to assume he has elected not to continue maintaining and evolving the files any longer. That means that there is no one that I'm aware of actively working on the files, which means there is no one to fix bugs in the files. :-(

Unfortunately, we're unable to work on the WAB files directly due to the ties between WAB and GW, since GW has thus far insisted that we not involve ourselves directly with the development of data files for their games. With GW tying our hands, we're kind of stuck. So it appears that someone needs to step forward to help with a few fixes to the WAB data files. If someone volunteers, we'll definitely do our best to help out with suggestions and ideas. Any takers out there?

-Rob

At 01:22 PM 12/12/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
I have a problem with a file using AB3.1
I have tried to send my problem to the address given by th "Help" button on the page. It bounced.
I sent it to "Support at wolflair.com"
I got back an email. (Very quickly.) Advising me to ask on here.
So here goes.
Can anyone advise me how to get in touch with the file author for the EL CID file in WAB [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_question.gif[/img]
The email address from the page bounces.

If this is the correct place to state what the problem is I can do that. If not, where can I get some support?
Bill Atherton.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old December 15th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Out of curiosity has the AB2 converted been updated for AB3.1?
deathlynx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2005, 01:07 AM
The converter is not being updated. There is no practical benefit to doing so. It would require a substantial amount of work and most of the data files that are candidates for conversion have already been converted. Those that haven't can be converted with the existing conversion tool and still work fine.

-Rob

At 02:52 PM 12/15/2005, you wrote:

Quote:
Out of curiosity has the AB2 converted been updated for AB3.1?
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote