Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Sendric

Old October 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Amulet of Mighty Fists should add damage to natural weapons as well as unarmed attacks. At the moment, it only adds to unarmed attacks.
Sendric is offline   #31
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 14th, 2010, 08:45 PM
The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown multiplier (x2).

Keep up the good work,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #32
Sendric

Old October 21st, 2010, 08:37 AM
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but while entering Powers from Complete Psionic, I discovered that if you set the Psion Discipline to 'None' rather than '- None -' it will appear on the Wilder power list even if its set to Psion...this created duplicate entries in the Wilder power list which is why I noticed it.
Sendric is offline   #33
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old November 1st, 2010, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer View Post
The Feat: Far Shot increases the range increment of a projectile weapon, such as a bow, by a multiple of 1.5 and for a thrown weapon the range increment should be increased by a multiple of 2.

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Keep up the good work,
Hi Mathias,

Since you are reading/responding to postings I was wondering if this will be fixed in the next update?

& is there another update in the works?

Thanks in advance,
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #34
Lawful_g

Old November 6th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Badger and Dire Badger are missing their Burrow Speeds.... I looked at them in the editor, both have xBurrow bootstrapped and a Value tag, but neither is being shown because the Value field is 0 (according to looking in the HL "Show Selection Fields")....

Both of these are very old. I suspect maybe something changed in the timing from when they were first added to now. You might want to look at any other old monsters with burrow or other speeds.
Lawful_g is offline   #35
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old November 7th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Also, I've found a glitch when you select the javelin as a custom magic weapon, in this case a +1 Javelin with the extra enhancement of 'Returning'.

A regular javelin correctly applies a -4 to the Melee Attack scores as per the weapon's description however, the above described magical version does not factor in the penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

For the Net and Javelin specifically, and I suspect other thrown weapons as well, HL is using the projectile muliplier when it should be using the thrown weapon multiplier (x2).

Another weapon-related glitch to add to the javelin one above and my earlier report about the Feat 'Far Shot' not working properly with weapons that are thrown. I'm sure you guys haven't forgotten and that those will be fixed in the next update.

My Paladin has a magical longsword in his primary hand and magical shortsword in his off-hand. He does not have the Two Weapon Fighting Feat. The appropriate check boxes have been checked.

While the proper penalties for "to hit" and the "number of attacks: three for primary hand and one for the off-hand weapon" are being displayed on screen, they are not being reflected on the printed character sheet. The PDF, print preview & actual printed character sheet all still show three attacks at full value for both weapons.

Hoping this is in time to be added to the next update,

Last edited by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer; November 7th, 2010 at 08:12 AM.
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #36
ShadowChemosh

Old November 7th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Quote:
My Paladin has a magical longsword in his primary hand and magical shortsword in his off-hand. He does not have the Two Weapon Fighting Feat. The appropriate check boxes have been checked.

While the proper penalties for "to hit" and the "number of attacks: three for primary hand and one for the off-hand weapon" are being displayed on screen, they are not being reflected on the printed character sheet. The PDF, print preview & actual printed character sheet all still show three attacks at full value for both weapons.
If you don't have TWF feat the only way to have HL print the TWF attacks is to check mark "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks". This is at the bottom of Configure Your Hero under "Output Options".

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #37
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer

Old November 7th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
If you don't have TWF feat the only way to have HL print the TWF attacks is to check mark "Always Print 2-Weapon Attacks". This is at the bottom of Configure Your Hero under "Output Options".
Well, what do you know about that...it does. Of course, it shows all possible combinations. Wonder why the software doesn't just "look" to see if the weapon that has the off-hand box checked is the same weight category as the primary weapon, a greater weight or a Light weapon and then just display the applicable values. I guess it's so you'll have all of the numbers just in case you play "mix & match" partway through the game.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll now go back to holding my breath on the matters of the javelin penalty not being applied if the javelin is magical, that the correct muliplier being used for thrown weapons when a character has the Far Shot Feat and my ancient complaint about magical horseshoes & mounts wielding weapons.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #38
OgrePuppy

Send a message via ICQ to OgrePuppy Send a message via AIM to OgrePuppy Send a message via Yahoo to OgrePuppy Send a message via Skype™ to OgrePuppy

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Ranger level 5 with a Wisdom of 17 (+3 bonus), but I'm only being allowed 1 spell.

(I chose 4 levels Ranger, 5 levels of a PrC, and then 1 additional level of Ranger, if that makes any difference in troubleshooting.)

Let me know if you need additional info.

Last edited by OgrePuppy; November 9th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
OgrePuppy is offline   #39
OgrePuppy

Send a message via ICQ to OgrePuppy Send a message via AIM to OgrePuppy Send a message via Yahoo to OgrePuppy Send a message via Skype™ to OgrePuppy

Old November 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I created an animal companion (a hawk). Decided I wanted to choose a different animal type.

Deleted the companion. Pressed the "Chose an animal companion" button and the same animal (the hawk) appeared again. I cannot get rid of this damn hawk now.

Let me know if you need additional info.
OgrePuppy is offline   #40
Closed Thread