Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narceron View Post
I apologize, I did not realize I was in the hero labs section. I am complaining about the mechanism for Army builder...4 days and still no reply form wolflair, I guess it is a good thing you have no competition,
Hi there,

From your earlier post I assumed that your issue had been resolved - is it still outstanding? If so, please check your spam filter - it's possible a reply from us ended up there.

If not, please email me directly at colen@wolflair.com with your license details and the original message you sent to technical support.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Bryangustaf

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Figured i should post on this thread. The E-mail that my license is tied to no longer exists. It was changed after I installed the license and so i can't use it. can i have some help send the #'s to a new e-mail address?
Bryangustaf is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 6th, 2012, 05:24 PM
If you still remember the old email address, it's still tied to your license. So if you still have the original order email that contains your license number, you can login and change the email address to your new one. This is done via the license administration website at www.lonewolfdevel.com.

If you don't have your license number anymore, you'll need to send an email to support. Provide them with your name and the old email address to which your license is associated. They can change the email address associated with your license, at which point you can retrieve your license via email.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Talon125

Old April 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I've recently experienced a similar issue that has yet to be resolved.
I have a primary PC, a secondary PC, and a Mac. Naturally, I had herolab installed on both PCs. I have since stopped using it on the secondary PC.

I decided to try out the Mac beta and maybe I misread something, but I thought it was going to allow me to download and play the Mac Beta as long as I had previously paid for a PC license. Instead, it took over my primary PC license and now I had to fill in some form because it's been within 120 days or some such nonsense if I want to use my PC herolab again. (and it says I need to wait a couple BUSINESS days)

Now, I get it. You want to control your intellectual property. You worked hard, and want to get paid, as you should. HOWEVER, this license system you use seems to be punishing legitimate users. Why wouldn't you guys setup a user controlled authorize/de-authorize system built into the app that many other programs use? Restricting it, of course, to the number of purchased licenses. (see itunes, netflix, ect)
That would eliminate the need to email your support staff and would allow the individuals that bought the software to manage their own use of the licenses.
Talon125 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 25th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Talon, can you email me at colen@wolflair.com with your license number? You should have been able to automatically transfer your license, so I'd like to check into things and make sure everything on our side is working as intended.
Colen is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
freeAgent

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I haven't had any license problems yet, though that will probably change when I install Windows 8 CP or RC on my upcoming build and then update to the final version once it's released. I agree with Talon125 that having some sort of user-manageable authorization system would be very helpful, similar to what Amazon does with Kindle devices/software (where you can authorize/deauthorize either on the device/software or via the internet).
freeAgent is offline   #16 Reply With Quote