Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

toadsoup

Old November 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I am new to Herolab and using it for a campaign that uses alot of NPC's. This is a great tool.

In my campaign, I have characters and npc's picking up a spell like ability every level. These are custom spells/abilities and not dependent on class.

I am not seeing an obvious way to add this. I was thinking of just adding them as spells, but not all classes have spells. What would be the best strategy to do this?

Also I tried to simply use the background text box as a place to put the info until I could figure out a better way - but from what I can tell this box doesn't print or export. Is there a way to have it print?
toadsoup is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Is your spell-like ability chosen from standard spells? If so, you may want to take a look at the Trait called Magical Talent. That trait gives you access to a selected level 0 spell as a 1/day spell-like ability.

If you created your spell-like ability as a Trait, and added a script with the following line to it (Timing: First/10000):
Code:
hero.child[resTrait].field[resSpent].value -= 1
It would subtract 1 from the number of traits used, each time it was taken - making itself free.

P.S. If you copy magical talent for this, remember to change the uniqueness from "Add Once" to "No" - since you want each character to select this ability multiple times.

Last edited by Mathias; November 20th, 2009 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Added timing for the script
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote