Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Geg

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I just read this topic:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52565

Someone was asking if one could see some "complex" realm within RealmWorks.

Mayb some experienced RW User (or even a RW Developer?! ) could do a (regular) Twitch Stream?
Geg is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 27th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Hey Greg! This is similar to an idea I've been consider. So far, the main reason I haven't tried it out is because pulling a developer to show off a realm means that he's not working on Realm Works. We still may do something like this in the future, I just need to weigh the pros and cons.

If others think that something like this would be valuable, feel free to chime in!
liz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old March 27th, 2015, 11:27 AM
A regular web-cast that allows for Q&A would be great. I'd attend.
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old March 30th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I'm interested, provided it can be recorded for viewing later. Not really familiar with Twitch.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old April 1st, 2015, 02:10 AM
Twitch keeps a copy of any livestreams recorded on their site, but I'm not sure for how long. I think EQ Next has livestreams going back a year or more. Anyway, viewing past broadcasts/livestreams shouldn't be an issue.

However I'm not sure that now is the time to do demo's of RW as teaching tools, at least not by a developer. I think the state of RW is still too much in a state of flux as to features and possibly changes to how those features will work in a few months or years. I'd wait until the feature set was nearer to completion and we aren't going to see any significant changes like we just saw happen to the world and story almanac.

Now, I could see twitch being used to answer developer questions. Specifically, I'd have questions submitted on a monthly basis and have a team member ask rob the questions. The livestream should include a list of features that made it into the program over the last month or so and any bug fixes. Then a look into the near future as to what LWD is currently working on in regards to RW, top priority or not. Once in a while an update to the project roadmap could be laid out for use sans delivery dates.

I could also see a community member here in the forums with lots of experience doing some demos and a walk through of how they do things in Realm Works. Maybe have a few opposing broadcasts to show how different people do things. After a while, Rob and the other developers could pick one as a 'best practices for now' kind of endorsement.
Viking2054 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old April 1st, 2015, 07:53 AM
Streams on Youtube ("Google Hangouts On Air") become normal Youtube video posts after you're done.

Parody is offline   #6 Reply With Quote