Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Haiku? Seems like work
Not sure I could achieve it
More like haikouldn't.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
DMG

Old March 19th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Haiku? Seems like work
Not sure I could achieve it
More like haikouldn't.
I see what you did there.
DMG is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 19th, 2015, 11:39 PM
@DMG:
We will take whatever decrease in production time for calendars that we can get - no matter how small

@Chemlak:
Brilliant yet again. I see you are following in the footsteps of Matsuo Bashou.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Last edited by Vargr; March 19th, 2015 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Vargr is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old March 19th, 2015, 11:50 PM
@Pollution

Like you the idea of AP's in Realmworks is a tantalizing one, though unlike you I am still relatively new to Realmworks, though i have learned enough to realize i could never do it justice!

@Exmortis

I am sure that when the ability to share comes along you will find things to kick start your creative side again. I personally really like the idea of taking other users ideas and incorporating them into stuff i write for myelf so that i can still retain creative control of the campaign, without having to spend hours every single week putting things in RW.

In a way I'm almost surprised that the Content Market is not the biggest priority, because having paid for RW to start with, Lone Wolf cant really make any more money from me (with this - still a sucker for most HL stuff), until this is released. The Web version to most of us who use RW as GM's (from my understanding - please correct if wrong) will be essentially free for me as i already own the GM version of RW. I understand that they are targetting players much more with web based tech, but being that RW is primarily for GM's I hoped that this would be the primary focus. Please note that this is not a criticism of the way LW are developing and releasing, simply my own thoughts and ideas
stuartwaring is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old March 19th, 2015, 11:55 PM
I have just noticed that the Content Market place now says Coming 2015, instead of Coming Early 2015. Hope takes another knock...
stuartwaring is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 20th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Content market date
Experiences slippage
Do not fret. It comes.

(Wow, this is hard!)

Chemlak is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 20th, 2015, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
@Exmortis

I am sure that when the ability to share comes along you will find things to kick start your creative side again. I personally really like the idea of taking other users ideas and incorporating them into stuff i write for myelf so that i can still retain creative control of the campaign, without having to spend hours every single week putting things in RW.
Funny you should bring that up. Because I found RW daunting at first, and I was also creating a whole new campaign world same time as a campaign story/plot/adventure, so I decided to short-cut myself and make this homage to my three favorite module series, and three single modules of all time. So I took 12 modules, the first three chapters of my story are three module series sets from D&D 1st edition and 2nd edition, I took the meat of those stories and plugged them into RW. I am now reworking the fluffly storys of each into my over all story and plot line.

This has allowed me to both learn RW and play with it to customize it to my vision, and enjoy creating a new game world and story with some help from what feels like old friends. RW has made this a dream. I started by cut and pasting everything into RW, now I am going back to each entry and updating to Pathfinder, the encounters, slight story changes to fit my plotline while keeping the look and feel of the original work. I have to remake each map in CC3+ but once DD3+ and CD3+ are out I will go back and do that work, I just finished draft one of the continent of Daedrea in CC3+, next up continent of Duneland and Continent of Tropopos.

Sharing work between GMs would be really cool I have to admit, with the ability to export out your story almanac, and import anothers story almanac, or even share game worlds has its draw. Even the colaboration work on say bringingGreyhawk to RW with a pathfinder rule update would be a stupendous undertaking.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 20th, 2015, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
In a way I'm almost surprised that the Content Market is not the biggest priority....
FWIW, I'm pretty sure it is the biggest priority.

Parody is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 20th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Lone Wolf have it straight
Content Market makes money
It's top of the list.

Chemlak is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old March 20th, 2015, 11:36 AM
@Exmortis
I am using RW in broadly the same way as you, but from thre pdf's of the AP i bought. Sidebar: genius idea of RW to paste without paragraph markers - speeds it up immensley. However cutting and pasting is quite boring. The ideal for me is being able to buy the AP,as that's the game I am running, which will free me up to create my own world & campaign from scratch, which I now feel ready for!

@Parody & Chelmak
You may well be correct, but "The Future of Realmworks" page has the content market in the bucket of on the horizon rather than immediate focus
stuartwaring is offline   #30 Reply With Quote