Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

enrious

Old March 18th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Chemlak, tl:dr

(seriously good!)
enrious is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 18th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
*snip*
I don't think that I've ever been included personally in a poem, much less for rhyming purposes.
Joe is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2015, 02:51 PM
Quote:
*snip*
That is awesome!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old March 19th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Quite possibly like many others I am really looking forward to the release of the content market- it is the principal reason that I took the plunge when I did with RW as the website said Coming Early 2015.

That said I have found that waiting has been extremely useful in that I been forced to learn how RW works, something I likely would have glossed over if the content market had been released already.

I am running a Pathfinder adventure path, hence my strong hope that your talks with Paizo bear fruit, but I have found that RW is almost too powerful and capable of containing far more info than I have time to enter. This really irks me at times as the purpose of RW is to enhance games, but I simply don't have time to do it justice.

In summation, REALLY looking forward to the Content Market release!
stuartwaring is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old March 19th, 2015, 03:22 AM
@Chemlak

..... wow .... I've been named!

Seriously though, damn, that was neat.

@Stuartwaring

I agree with you point about complexity and us having time to learn the software since release.

I was trying to imagine using RW with the content market from the get-go. I'm actually GLAD it wasn't out at launch. I've learned how to enter my own creations, the best way (for me and my group) to enter in scenarios (through trial and error with RotRL). I've learned how to customize categories, tags, topics, etc. when I put in a White Wolf SAS.

I'm actually feeling like I'm a "pro" user at this point. If I got a call from Paizo tomorrow asking me to input their products into RW, I could do it. And I could do it efficiently. Granted, I'm a Tech Writer by trade, but by this point, anyone who uses RW as a GM should be really familiar with how content works.

If the Content Marketplace was included at launch....I'd probably have wrecked everything I bought. or thought that RW was an inferior product, meant only for buying content. I'd bitch about the lack of maps in this scenario, or the lack of portraits in that scenario. I'd look at what was missing for my needs in a product and have no idea how to put in the extra. And, if I did put it in, I'd break the whole thing in the end.

What I'm saying, at this point is that now that I consider myself fully proficient with the software, I'm ready to use it not just from a creative stance, but also as a consumer. I'm ready to spend money on fully entered content, and fill in any blanks.

RotRL would be AMAZING. We're about to start book three, and I'm actually holding off on entering it in until the Content Market opens. It does take a long time, and I'd rather enter in my own additions, rather than the whole kit and caboodle.

Besides, once the market is open, I might be able to sell some of my stuff. help me pay for the stuff I want to buy.
Pollution is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old March 19th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Quote:
The Lone Wolf Forums, by Chemlak.
Wauv! Pretty good! That made me smile

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 19th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Quote:
The Lone Wolf Forums, by Chemlak.

*snip*
Well done sir, well done!

Or madam, 'cause I really don't know gender from forum names. :P
Kendall-DM is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old March 19th, 2015, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartwaring View Post
Quite possibly like many others I am really looking forward to the release of the content market- it is the principal reason that I took the plunge when I did with RW as the website said Coming Early 2015.

That said I have found that waiting has been extremely useful in that I been forced to learn how RW works, something I likely would have glossed over if the content market had been released already.

I am running a Pathfinder adventure path, hence my strong hope that your talks with Paizo bear fruit, but I have found that RW is almost too powerful and capable of containing far more info than I have time to enter. This really irks me at times as the purpose of RW is to enhance games, but I simply don't have time to do it justice.

In summation, REALLY looking forward to the Content Market release!
Very true and well said. Thoguh for me I will unlikely use the RW content market unless we see a lot of one off adventures added, sometimes my creative juices dry up, and I have to say the idea that I could come here and by a one off adventure, shoe-horn it in to my campaign does have some serious draw.

However for me, the RW content market is a way to sell RW to the rest of my group, see I am in a weird gaming group, we have two extremely experienced game masters (myself and on other been doing this AD&D first edition), one very expereienced GM (since second edition), two getting their wings and flying high out of 7. This means we have quite a GM rotation (every 18-24 months), and I would ove to see RW used to its fullest in our group! Of the above only the two oldest GMs custom create their material, the rest are AP hounds, and why not? Paizo has some just spectaular module based campaign sized adventure paths.

It would be awesome if a GM can come here, buy the AP already in RW and run, the idea makes me giddy! We are about 6weeks from a new campaign start with RoTL anniversary edition as the staring AP. If only it would show up on the RW content market before we launch, I would love us to begin RW in play with this AP done by Rob and team.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old March 19th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Well done sir, well done!

Or madam, 'cause I really don't know gender from forum names. :P
"Sir" is fine Actually, so's "dude", "chap", "squire", and a whole host of others.

Thank you all for your appreciation of my silly little rhyme. It was fun to write. Sorry I didn't get more names into it! I'll do better next time.

Anyway, enough derailment.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old March 19th, 2015, 02:35 PM
@Chemlak: You do realize that from here on out you must post in haiku format. And on the upside, Rob does apparently accept bribes that flatter him and your posting moved calendars up on the to-do list by 1.15 hours.
AEIOU is offline   #20 Reply With Quote