Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Eretas

Old January 4th, 2018, 10:34 AM
I'am looking for a cleric drider, Can't find any one. I' looking for the Drider in tome 6 of second darkness in the Infestation

Xizho CR 15
Male drider cleric of Camazotz 8
CE Large aberration

Is it a custom drider or a normal drider with 8 clerics level?
Eretas is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 4th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Just took a basic look at the statblocks, it appears to be a variant drider with class levels (I did not do a full comparison) but at a minimum the base stats for the creatures are different.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Eretas

Old January 5th, 2018, 07:45 AM
According to the D20PFSRD, Drider is a template from advance bestiary of Green Roni and I have it... But it's not in the template list available...

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/mon...s/drider-cr-2/
Eretas is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old January 5th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Looking at Paizo's resources (d20 is often wrong with info) it is a creature from page 113 of bestiary 1 with a CR of 7. If its in a Paizo product they rarely (if ever?) rely on or reference third party materials. (There might be a few cases for 3.5 stuff before pathfinder was fully developed)

See Also: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/drider.html
Minous is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Eretas

Old January 5th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
Looking at Paizo's resources (d20 is often wrong with info) it is a creature from page 113 of bestiary 1 with a CR of 7. If its in a Paizo product they rarely (if ever?) rely on or reference third party materials. (There might be a few cases for 3.5 stuff before pathfinder was fully developed)

See Also: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/drider.html
Paizo's drider is a drider with sorcerer caster level. I want a cleric sorcerer and it's what Green Robin stuff is supposed to give with a template, but I don't have the template even if i have access to Green Ronin...
Eretas is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM
When I add the Drider race in HL, I see a "Racial Caster Class" option on the background tab, which allows me to choose Cleric, Sorcerer, or Wizard.

I'm looking at pg. 70 of Second Darkness: Descent into Midnight, and if you look at that character,'s "Spells prepared", he's CL 14. A regular drider, with no class levels, is CL 6 in their chosen class. So that means this character took the Cleric option, and then added 8 levels of the regular cleric class, for a total of 14 effective levels. You can also see that this character has domain powers and spells, which a standard drider does not.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
Eretas

Old January 5th, 2018, 10:59 AM
This is what i was looking for, but did not see the option. Thank...
Eretas is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 5th, 2018, 11:03 AM
You're creating a new character and choosing the race directly, not grabbing the drider from the encounter builder, right?

The one in the encounter builder uses an obsoleted version of the drider race, from back when we had three separate drider races - Drider (Sorcerer), Drider (Cleric), and Drider (Wizard).
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
Eretas

Old January 6th, 2018, 09:42 AM
I tried both, but now, it's all right.
Thanks very much. They will suffered...
Eretas is offline   #9 Reply With Quote