Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

willuwontu

Old August 19th, 2019, 06:22 PM
It's likely due to that, and the fact that the alternate capstones from chronicle of legends are going to be a pain to implement.
willuwontu is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old September 6th, 2019, 04:44 AM
Looking forward to Chronicle of Legends.

I'd imagine the alternate capstone would be done as an archetype for each class, that just replaces the capstone.
Ualaa is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old September 19th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Anything on when the next PF1 update will be released? Last update was released in April, 5 months ago.

There is still PF1 material to be released in HL, and numerous bug fixes needed (a few I reported myself over the last year).
Krothos is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 19th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Hi Krothos. We promise to keep you posted. Just as soon as we can say, we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.
Lj Stephens is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old November 4th, 2019, 08:48 AM
Still no information on when next PF1 update will post? Now 7 months since last update.
Krothos is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old November 4th, 2019, 12:29 PM
I wonder if it is because of this:

Quote:
First off, Hero Lab Classic isn’t going anywhere and it just received a major upgrade in the form of native 64-bit support on both Windows and Mac. If you haven’t downloaded them yet, please do so, as you should see both performance and stability improvements. We also have several data packages ready and waiting for release. However, Apple has changed their rules and is now refusing to let us update our Hero Lab Classic iPad app, so the new packages have been held up while we determine how to appease Apple. We obviously want to release them on all platforms simultaneously, but we’ll need to come to an agreement with Apple before we can do so. We’ll provide an update as soon as we make some headway here.
I know Apple has a serious greedy side, and don't like missing out on getting a cut of DLC, I bet this is an argument where LWD is trying to avoid paying Apple a cut of all the purchases of data packs and a cut of HeroLab itself.
Toblakai is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old November 4th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Well, that's speculation but it's certainly possible. Unless one party or the other describes what's going on, we won't know. I do know that Apple has updated their App Store policy in the past in ways that have pissed off developers, but who knows?
Azhrei is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old November 5th, 2019, 05:42 PM
It would be nice to either have communication on the issue, or to at least have the PC/MAC version released, even if the App version cannot be released.

I appreciate that it would be nice for all versions to be released at once, but if you have updates ready to go, except for one of the platforms -- and there's an ongoing and lengthy issue with that platform, it makes sense to release for the ones that are ready rather than waiting half a year or more.

Or at least communicate with the customer base.
Ualaa is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 5th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
It would be nice to either have communication on the issue, or to at least have the PC/MAC version released, even if the App version cannot be released.

I appreciate that it would be nice for all versions to be released at once, but if you have updates ready to go, except for one of the platforms -- and there's an ongoing and lengthy issue with that platform, it makes sense to release for the ones that are ready rather than waiting half a year or more.

Or at least communicate with the customer base.
Yep, this.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old November 5th, 2019, 09:33 PM
From BJ in the Discussion forum: "The lack of updates for PF1 largely revolves around an issue with Apple that is moving at the speed of molasses in winter. We are doing all we can to try and work with them but are being blocked from updating the app."

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #20 Reply With Quote