Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bodrin

Old December 15th, 2010, 03:16 AM
I've started inputting the Specific weapons from the Magic Item Compendium. However there are categories of weapons denoted with [Relic] which have increased abilities.

For example Page 46

Quote:
AXE OF ANCESTRAL
VIRTUE
[RELIC]
Price (Item Level): 8,530 gp (12th)
Body Slot: — (held)
Caster Level: 20th
Aura: Strong; (DC 25) transmutation
Activation: —
Weight: 8 lb.

When you wield an axe of ancestral virtue, it functions as a +1 keen adamantine dwarven waraxe if you are lawful good, lawful neutral, or neutral good. Prized by the faithful of the Soul Forger, these weap*ons have long been used in the defense of dwarf holdings.

Relic Power: If you have established the proper divine connection, an axe of ancestral virtue reveals its intelligence and sentience (AL LN; Int 10, Wis 17, Cha 17; speech, telepathy, darkvision 120 ft., hearing; Ego score 17). In addition, the axe can use bless, cure moderate wounds (wielder only), and faerie fire, each three times per day.
I know the weapon can be created in the editor as a Magic weapon and it can also be created inside the main Hero Lab create custom weapon option, however is it possible to script a single magic weapon that can be activated with the Relic powers at the tick of a box, instead of creating 2 versions of the item. As it could get very cluttered on the character sheet and the selection menus.

One +1 Keen Adamantine Dwarven Waraxe and one Divine Connected Dwarven Waraxe with intelligence.

Or is it beyond the realm of practicality?

At the moment i'm bootstrapping into the gizmo field all the abilities for the enhanced version. Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.
bodrin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 15th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I think it could work. Modify the Divine Connection feat to select a special (one for each god). The god specials have User tags unique to that god that Divine Connection forwards to the hero. The relic weapon has a special that has a bootstrap condition checking for the user tag for whatever god.

As for the "give up a cleric spell slot" version, I am not sure this will work but an Idea... Give each relic a checkbox on the In play tab that if checked searches through classes and subtracts 1 slot of the appropriate level from the first divine caster class, if the appropriate slot is not available it does not forward the user tag for the god.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 15th, 2010, 12:23 PM
That's a pretty good assessment and implementation Lawful, but I haven't dabbled with user tags before. Can you recall anything you may have done prior that I could examine and tinker with?

FYI after creating two versions of the weapon,
One +1 Adamantine Keen Dwarven Waraxe fully bootstrapped in the Gizmo tab and One with all the Relic powers bootstrapped into the Gizmo tab.

They both are highlighted in red in the weapons screen!
However if I create them separately in the custom item creation process they appear to work correctly. Weird!!!
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 16th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Nothing specific comes to mind, but I can make an example and send it to you tomorrow if you wish. Then you can carry it on as you like.
Lawful_g is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 18th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry, haven't had time to do this yet. Weekend turned out busier than I thought.
Lawful_g is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 19th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Nothing specific comes to mind, but I can make an example and send it to you tomorrow if you wish. Then you can carry it on as you like.
Sorry was busy myself. Sure this would be great thanks.
bodrin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
To make the data entry go quicker, i'm going to concentrate on the basic Specific Weapons only from the MIC.

Once they are complete then any [Relic] items left will be concentrated on. Lots of coding required, the Christmas season is upon us.
bodrin is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM
k. Sounds good.
Lawful_g is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 20th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Working on this a bit. Main problem is putting bootstrap conditions late enough.
Lawful_g is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 20th, 2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful_g View Post
Working on this a bit. Main problem is putting bootstrap conditions late enough.
Preaching to the choir, I've had to restart the file as all the weapons were showing red in HL, and regardless of feats, race or class they were Non-proficient tagged too!

Oh the joys of copy or duplicate!
bodrin is offline   #10 Reply With Quote