Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
A new update for the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available from the automatic updates mechanism within Hero Lab.

We've got a new book in this update, Player's Companion: Animal Archive. This is the first book in a new Player's Companion: Golarion #5 package. This package is available for $4.99, and will get 1-2 more player's companion books, to be announced as Paizo releases more of them.

We've added a new tool in this update - the Bestiary Monster Creator. This implements Appendix 1: Monster Creation from Bestiary 1 (pgs 290-293) as a set of tools and guidelines that will allow you to enter the statistics and abilities for a new monster, and then see how those compare to the suggested statistics for a monster of the CR you have chosen. This tool is a free update for any of our users who own the Bestiary 1 package. This package is available for $14.99, or, we have a Bestiary bundle - all three of our Bestiary packages for $29.99, which is about a $5 savings over buying them individually.

We've got 7 more of the classes from the NPC codex added in this update. We'll keep working at this until we have every NPC and iconic in that book available for use in Hero Lab. The NPC codex NPCs are free for all of our users.

Support for the Reign of Winter adventure path also begins in this update. We've got the player's guide for this adventure path and the player content from the first issue, #67.

Here's the complete change list for this update, copied from the FAQ:
New Releases!
  • Content from Animal Archive is now available as the first book in the new Pathfinder Player's Companion Golarion #5 package.
Enhancements & Changes
  • Appendix 1: Monster Creation from the Bestiary 1 (pgs. 290-293) has been implemented as a set of guidelines and options that will let you enter the statistics of a new monster as you want, and then compare it to the suggested statistics for the CR you have chosen. This is a free update for any user who owns the Bestiary 1 package. To begin using it, create a new character as an NPC, and then choose "Bestiary Monster Creation" as the race on the Background tab. Turning on the "Average HPs at New Levels" optional rule is highly recommended when creating a creature using this system, so that as you change the numer of HD, trying to get the details correct, the HP will be recalculated for you.
    You will not be able to save a monster created this way as a normal race in Hero Lab. To re-use one of these races, you will need to duplicate the portfolio you originally created. The Import Hero From Portfolio option from the Character menu is the normal way to do this. We do want to make a converter that can read in a monster created through this system (or through the Custom Race Creation system from the Advanced Race Guide) and generate a normal race, but we do not know when we will get a chance to do this.
  • Even if you're not creating a creature using the Monster Creation System, the "CR Estimate" summary panel that was added to go along with that is available as an option for those who own the Bestiary 1 package. To use this, create your character as an NPC, and check the "Show CR Estimate Panel?" option on the Configure Hero form. The Configure Hero form can be re-opened from the Character menu, if you wanted to turn this on for one of your existing NPCs.
  • For those with the Player's Companion Golarion #5 package (specifically, Player's Companion: Animal Archive) who wish to use the Animal Magic Item Slots suggestions from the inside front cover of that book, you can turn them on by choosing "Enforce Animal Magic Item Slots" from the "Optional Rules" section of the Configure Hero Settings. To turn this on for an existing character, choose Configure Hero from the character menu to see the list of optional rules again. If you are enforcing these rules, the "Apply Magic Item Slot Set" adjustment on the Other Adjustments table from the Adjust tab will allow you to set a slot set for a character who's using a race other than those listed in Animal Archive.
  • Added player content from Pathfinder #67 "The Snows of Summer".
  • Added the Reign of Winter Player's Guide.
  • More NPCs from the NPC Codex have been added. In this update, we have Wizard (completing the core classes), Arcane Tricksters, Assassins, Loremasters, Mystic Theurges and Shadowdancers (for the Prestige Classes) and Adepts (for the NPC classes). To use these, choose "Import Stock Hero" from the Portfolio menu, and choose the class you want to draw NPCs from. More classes will be added over the next few updates until we've made all the NPCs in the NPC Codex available.
Bug Fixes
  • If the Pathfinder Society Organized Play Character, Average HPs at new levels, or Maximum HPs at new levels options were turned on, familiars, animal companions, and eidolons would have more HP than they should.
  • The master's CON bonus, HP from favored classes, and toughness feat were not being included in the calculation of how many HP a familiar should have.
  • The Loremaster's Lore ability wasn't showing the unskilled values for knowledge skills.
  • The Specific Magic Weapons were not correctly adding attack bonuses other than enhancement bonus. As a result, things like the Adamantine Dagger were 1 too low on attack bonuses.
  • The Extra Channel feat was throwing an error when used with Wizard (Necromancer)'s Power Over Undead class ability.
  • The Snowcaster ethnicity from People of the North was not visible under certain circumstances.
  • Inquisitors were getting the situational bonus to survival from their track ability at 1st level.
  • The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga race had an incorrect number of claw attacks and was not getting 1.5x Str for it's Constrict attack.
Data File Authoring
  • The RemoveSlot tag group was created. This group has the same tags as the ExtraSlot tag group, and is used as the negative of ExtraSlot. The count of RemoveSlot tags will be subtracted from the total number of item slots of a particular type that a character can use at one time, just like the count of ExtraSlot tags is added to that total. For example, to remove 1 Headband slot from a character (which will remove the option to wear headbands, since characters can normally only use one headband at a time), use the followingerform hero.assign[RemoveSlot.EqpHBand]Adding more of a particular RemoveSlot tag than there are slots to begin with will not generate errors - it will just remove the option to use that category of item.
  • The "Magic Item Slot Set" option was added to the Race, Race, Anim Comp, and Clas, Monster tabs in the editor, so that slots sets can be added to races, for use with the Enforce Animal Magic Item Slots optional rule.
  • AnimCompOK identity tags have been added to all feats. If the AnimCompOK tag for a particular feat is assigned to the hero, for that character, the feat will be valid for an animal companion whose INT is less than 3. This is used by the Animal Archetypes to add more options to the list of feats an animal companion can normally choose.
  • If you want to create more Animal Archetypes like the ones from Animal Archive, use the Alternate Race Trait tab for the archetype itself, and the Racial Specials tab for the individual abilities. Animal Archetypes are similar enough to Alternate Racial Traits that there was no need to create a new set of mechanics and a new editor tab to support them - they could be implemented with the existing mechanics in Hero Lab.
  • Note that several of the abilities added to familiars and animal companions are actually the master's capabilities, rather than the animals. For example, Share Spells alters the way the master can cast certain spells. If an animal archetype replaces any of these abilities, then you will need both an Alternate Racial Trait for the minion as well as a normal archetype for the master.
  • The amount of ACP and Max Dex applied by medium and heavy encumbrance is now stored in the following fields: herofield[tEncMedACP].value (-3), herofield[tEncHvyACP].value (-6), herofield[tEncMedMax].value (3) and herofield[tEncHvyMax].value (1). To change the amount of penalty imposed by medium or heavy encumbrance, change these field values before Post-Attributes/2000.
  • Archetypes can now modify the secondary bonus feats of their linked class, both in number and what choices are allowed.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dartnet
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Holly Crap! The monster creator is made of pure goodness. Well played Lone Wolf well played.
dartnet is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old February 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Lone Wolf, Great job on the monster creator. I have been playing with it since I downloaded it. I think it's one of the best things you have incorporated into Herolab for pathfinder. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do.

Last edited by jbearwillis; February 23rd, 2013 at 09:37 PM.
jbearwillis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
udalrich

Old February 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
Do you know if the crash people were reporting in this thread is fixed in this release? The release notes above did not seem to indicate that it was addressed. And is there a way to get automatic updates on that problem?
udalrich is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mazlith

Old February 24th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I just purchased Player's Companion: Golarion #5 package. I re-activated my license and downloaded the newest version of Hero Lab. The Animal Archive is not showing up Configure Hero menu... Did I mis something? What am i forgetting?
Mazlith is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bitter_Chivalry

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Hi there. It all looks very groovy but all my user sources have disappeared since I updated about five minutes ago... even after I close HL down and restart it. Any suggestions?
Bitter_Chivalry is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitter_Chivalry View Post
Hi there. It all looks very groovy but all my user sources have disappeared since I updated about five minutes ago... even after I close HL down and restart it. Any suggestions?
Most likely you are getting an Error Message when you go into Pathfinder. That error message has caused HL to go into Safe Mode and not load any .user files. They are all present but no longer loading. You will need to figure out what is "clashing" and fix it to have HL load the .user files again.

You can always "Right" click on a error message to copy the full message and past it here. Sometimes depending on what the issue is we can help resolve the issue. If its all your own custom work that can be a little harder to figure out but most common is you used the "Unique ID" that is no in use by LW.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by udalrich View Post
Do you know if the crash people were reporting in this thread is fixed in this release? The release notes above did not seem to indicate that it was addressed. And is there a way to get automatic updates on that problem?
Yes, this should be resolved. Make sure both HL and the Pathfinder files are updated.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Southern Man

Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
I just noticed this error in my hero lab, alternate favored class options are not showing up for me. it was working a few weeks ago, then I was looking for it today and it wasn't there.

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled from scratch, it's still not there. any help?

I purchased APG, UC, UM, UE, B12&3

Thanks
Southern Man is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2013, 02:21 AM
Please be more specific about the combinations of class and race that you are not able to find.

If it's Magus or Gunslinger, the only book in which Paizo has published favored class options for those classes is the Advanced Race Guide.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote