Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

galford13x

Old May 2nd, 2014, 04:28 PM
The Tags UI is not terrible. However, it's quite basic and there are a few improvements that would be a huge boon to development speed.

1st: When a Tag Dialog is first opened for selection, there should be 1 of two things that occur. Either the last tag for that category is selected as default, or a Default value(s) can be selected for a category.

For example, my realm may not have any humans in it, or perhaps i'm creating a dwarven city which has practically no humans. Allowing Dwarf as the default race would help save clicks and search time for the desired common values.

2nd: This would take more effort, but I think a redesign of the tags dialog that would have a two part window, a top list and a bottom list. The top list might contain the most used or recently selected tags where as the bottom list would contain the full list.

I am so far liking the Realm Works package. I do look forward to the future updates as features roll out.
galford13x is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
gloranphile

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:26 AM
+1 to both of these concepts
gloranphile is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Avi

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Slight hijack - if already working on the tag interface - can we add tag values on the fly?
Avi is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galford13x View Post
1st: When a Tag Dialog is first opened for selection, there should be 1 of two things that occur. Either the last tag for that category is selected as default, or a Default value(s) can be selected for a category.

For example, my realm may not have any humans in it, or perhaps i'm creating a dwarven city which has practically no humans. Allowing Dwarf as the default race would help save clicks and search time for the desired common values.
I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying here. When you set up a tag snippet type in a category, you can specify a default tag. With the Individual category, you can remove protections and then change the default race to be Dwarf, if you want. So what are you asking for that isn't available?
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 5th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post
Slight hijack - if already working on the tag interface - can we add tag values on the fly?
Can you clarify please? When you are selecting a tag, you already can add a new tag value on the fly. See the plus in a circle at the upper right of the "Available Tags" label and by clicking that, you can add new tags.
davidp is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
galford13x

Old May 9th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidp View Post
I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying here. When you set up a tag snippet type in a category, you can specify a default tag. With the Individual category, you can remove protections and then change the default race to be Dwarf, if you want. So what are you asking for that isn't available?
Ah I see. That wasn't where I assumed to check. This does seem useful as it gives more veratility. However, perhaps a way to select a default tag for a given domain such that it is global for all unmodified categories would be useful.

For example: I select Dwarf under the Race Domain, as such anywhere that implements the Race Domain Tag will default to Dwarf unless it had been unprotected and modified.

On a side note, I'm not sure I fully understand the protection. I read the disclaimer, but it reads some what ominously. I assume that unprotecting a category only changes the current realm. If so I don't foresee myself importing any 3rd party content that might cause problems.
galford13x is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 9th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galford13x View Post
Ah I see. That wasn't where I assumed to check. This does seem useful as it gives more veratility. However, perhaps a way to select a default tag for a given domain such that it is global for all unmodified categories would be useful.

For example: I select Dwarf under the Race Domain, as such anywhere that implements the Race Domain Tag will default to Dwarf unless it had been unprotected and modified.
I don't have RealmWorks in front of me, but as I recall the defaulting is set when you add the Tag Domain to a Category definition as a named snippet. So, if you created a custom Category of "Famous Dwarves", you could add "Race" as a tag-based snippet using the Race tag domain and set the default to "Dwarf".
Silveras is offline   #7 Reply With Quote