Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Creeperman

Old December 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Is there a good way to enforce squad minimums and maximums for variably sized child units? IE, a unit may consist of between five and ten models chosen from any of half a dozen different types, in any combination.

I know I can set an exclusion reference on the child models, but I seem to only be able to use that to throw validation errors; AB doesn't prohibit someone from adding multiple child units and pumping up the numbers on each to exceed the maximum overall count (although it will prohibit the addition of new children at that point). I tried writing a SizeLimit script to handle this, but without any apparent way to retrieve the current option's selection count I can't calculate a maximum value of allowable models. Any ideas?
Creeperman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM
In my opinion once you've got the validation error set up properly, so that AB warns you when you've done something wrong, you can leave it at that, rather than forcing the user to never add too many of whatever it is.

I know that when building army lists, I like to add lots of options/units - more than I'm allowed, and ignore the error messages. Then, as I decide which ones I actually want, and can actually afford on my point-buy budget, I remove the rest until my list is valid.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote