Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fuzzy

Old April 19th, 2018, 02:46 PM
I think the problem with the 2-mode pdf, is that the 'real estate' of the stat blocks is likely going to be very different between editions, and paizo focuses far too much on print to do something like that. I think that the best you might find regarding future content, is a 1st edition supplement for the AP that includes the 'changes' required - possibly not even generated BY Paizo.
Fuzzy is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 19th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
"Return of the Runelords" the next AP coming out may be my last.
I believe there will still be a Spring 2019 AP for 1e as well (Feb-Jul, 2019). Then the first 2e AP will be the Aug19-Jan20 one.
Fuzzy is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 19th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I believe there will still be a Spring 2019 AP for 1e as well (Feb-Jul, 2019). Then the first 2e AP will be the Aug19-Jan20 one.
Oh, I know, but m group (depending on who shows up) are in the middle of 6 AP, we meet weekly, but I don't expect to start a new AP until about the time Return comes out. I will be getting the last AP, but I suspect I won't be playing it.
Toblakai is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old April 19th, 2018, 07:28 PM
I think it will be a number of years before I feel the need to switch wholesale to pf2e - as such, I'm sure the myriad of AP's available for pf1e will serve me well into the future. I will of course be playtesting it, but pf1e is just so 'complete' at this stage.
Fuzzy is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Azhrei

Old April 20th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I have so much existing content that is unplayed, that there really isn't any need to buy into something new.

With my console games (PS4), I skim the PlayStation store once a week to see if there's anything free or deeply discounted that I might want, but I don't spend more than $5-$10 bucks on a game. I recently picked up Metal Gear Solid for free (that's been a fun game), and there's enough available for those prices that I don't need bleeding edge games to be happy (and I'm not spending $60 on a game).

Perhaps, if LWD were to offer deep discounts on existing data sets, I might be enticed to pick up a few more. After all, when the beta is released, the demand for PF1 is going to drop and they might try to squeeze the last bit of blood out of those rocks... I'm just not sure I'll care enough that point to spend the money.
Azhrei is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 20th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I just double checked and your right. The "last" PF1 AP has not been announced yet and all Eric Mona says its a doozy!

This maybe the AP where they explain how goblins are sometimes "good". Wonder if it does have any world changing events in it. I know they said nothing big was going to happen to Golarion but something is changing I think.

The playtest adventure Doomsday Dawn has been confirmed by James Jacobs to be about the 4718 AR Dominion of the Black countdown clocks. That is pretty cool!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 20th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
Perhaps, if LWD were to offer deep discounts on existing data sets, I might be enticed to pick up a few more. After all, when the beta is released, the demand for PF1 is going to drop and they might try to squeeze the last bit of blood out of those rocks... I'm just not sure I'll care enough that point to spend the money.
Its possible for this to happen. I am not really familiar with non-D&D like games. But has LW done that for any other game system? I mean d20 game system still sells for the full $30 dollar price and that is what 15 years out of date at this time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 20th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Its possible for this to happen. I am not really familiar with non-D&D like games. But has LW done that for any other game system? I mean d20 game system still sells for the full $30 dollar price and that is what 15 years out of date at this time.
The problem is, more than likely 1/3 - 1/2 the cost of PF1E content is paid to Paizo as licensing. So if they discount it deeply, they won't make much money.
Toblakai is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old April 20th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I just double checked and your right. The "last" PF1 AP has not been announced yet and all Eric Mona says its a doozy!
I was thinking Return of the Rune lords was going to be a doozy.. characters to level 20, fight lots of rune lords.. wonder what the last one will be. I hope I can convert it to PF2E, because I won't be getting to it for a while.
Toblakai is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 20th, 2018, 12:48 PM
Quote:
The problem is, more than likely 1/3 - 1/2 the cost of PF1E content is paid to Paizo as licensing. So if they discount it deeply, they won't make much money.
I agree with the idea that LW has a VERY small profit margin for what it sells. I disagree with that much is being paid to Paizo. Mostly because if it was that high LW would have been better off just using the OGL and selling the data sets without having to pay anything to Paizo. Pretty much guarantee Rob worked out a much better deal than half cost.

Really I think LW has kept their costs down and profit margin down too low over the years. They should have been raising the cost every year and the coming of HLO was a perfect time to double or triple the cost of HLO data sets. That could have allowed them to remove the subscription price all together (maybe). I can only speak for myself but I would rather spend more money per data set than the monthly subscription as I can't see the $2.50 a month really doing much to help LW. Based on the extra $30 bucks a year/person LW is getting just seems easier to increase cost of each Package instead to get more money. Because the servers have to stay on anyway and disk space has to be used no matter if a person is paying the subscription cost or not. If I stop paying a year from now LW still has to keep my characters on disk because I could restart the subscription back up at any time. Hell how much disk space is being used by "demo" accounts.

Without knowing all of LW costs/expenses know way to know if this would work financially. But for myself it feels like a better deal.

Quote:
I was thinking Return of the Rune lords was going to be a doozy.. characters to level 20, fight lots of rune lords.. wonder what the last one will be. I hope I can convert it to PF2E, because I won't be getting to it for a while.
I know. Wonder if it will be really a doozy or something that is only a doozy if you know every abstract Golarion piece of lore.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #100 Reply With Quote