Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Guiche007

Old July 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Hi,

I have created the Domain Wizard variant class but I've made some patch to make it work. My little problem is with the DOMAIN. I try to create a variant class but it was to complicated to do so, so I create a new class and had a Custom special ability like the special ability of the rogue and created a custom ability for each domain. It work but not like a real cleric domain. Is there another way to do so? I read a lot on domain in the forum and a discover it's pretty difficult to play with.

Thanks
Guiche007 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old July 4th, 2014, 01:56 AM
You mean from the Complete Champion? Its already part of the Community Set. Its called "Domain Access" under the Variant Classes. And yes there are a number of issues with some of the domains, especially with domains that grant abilities. Some of the scripts are set up to specifically work with clerics. They are corrected as they are found by asking on the forums.

And the problem with mixing Rogue and Cleric or Rogue and Wizard is DOMAINS function as custom abilities so mixing Rogue special abilities and clerical domains take up the same slot and there is no way to fix that.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Guiche007

Old July 4th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Hi,

The Domain Wizard is a variant class from the wizard. The source of this variant is Unearth Arcana. They have there own domain and it's include a level 0 spell. Also it doen't give a special power other then a bonus on caster level for the domain list spell.
Guiche007 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old July 4th, 2014, 06:33 AM
If you want to create your own class that uses Cleric Domains, you need to allow Cleric Custom abilities for the class. There's a button for this, but I'm not in front of HL right now, so I can't give you specifics. It should be in the class tab of the editor, though, near where you set the number of custom abilities per level.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
kazlady

Old September 12th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I am working on the same thing. I don't think you understood what is going on. The Domain Wizard has it's own domains not accessible by clerics and the Wizard domains include a 0 level domain spell where cleric domains do not. My specific character is from the "Shadows of the Last War" Campaign. It has the Necromancy domain but for the domain wizard, it is a completely different set of spells. I am able to get everything to work except granting a 0 level domain spell at level 1. Any help is greatly appreciated.
kazlady is offline   #5 Reply With Quote