Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

salcor

Old April 29th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Do those 2 files need changed to .user files? Or is .dat an appropriate file extension?
salcor is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old April 29th, 2017, 12:06 PM
.dat is fine, especially for the tab one...
TCArknight is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old April 30th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Cool, thanks. So any thought on where you want to nest the Iconic Framework abilities? I guess edges would probably work, although they could be racial abilities as well. If they are edges then the baseline edges would have to be hidden from the user.

Salcor
salcor is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2017, 03:50 AM
TCArknight, you might want to put together some kind of readme or quick guide for folks to work from on how to use github and potentially git itself to work on this. Like maybe setting up branches for specific sections of the work or such. This guide for github might help (https://guides.github.com/activities...-world/#branch). Maybe something like Git for WIndows (https://git-for-windows.github.io/) or other of the Git tools (https://git-scm.com/) would be helpful for some folks as well.

Then it's a question of coordinating your collaboration, which you could either do here or potentially on github to figure out who might be working on what as well as what needs to be worked on. I would think you might be on the right track for now with separate .user/.dat files for specific sections folks might be working on but it would probably be helpful for folks to know where things stand to get an idea on where to continue the work. Once it's ready for primetime presumably it would be best to consolidate it all back into a single .1st and .user file if it's going to be published through the standard update mechanism, anyway. Personally, as a user of HL, I find the one setting that is a tad annoying to work with is the older Hellfrost files because they aren't consolidated into a single file. That could just be me, though. Certainly for collaboration purposes I would guess breaking them out like that is probably a lot easier.

I really look forward to seeing how that works out. I may have to see how that works for you and maybe look at doing that for some newer setting files whenever I can get back to working on some. I know WWI needs to be done and The Goon and Fear Agent are on the horizon now too...

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
GunbunnyFuFu

Old May 8th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Is there a way to over ride requirements? For example, Power Armor Jock requires Agility, Strength, and Vigor of d6+, however, Glitter Boy pilots get the advantage for free, regardless of requirements (or at least that is what I'm lead to believe).

GB
GunbunnyFuFu is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 8th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I believe a Bootstrap will do that, but I'm not sure. There's some code in the Super-Power Companion for allowing Super Edges that ignores that stuff; if the bootstrap doesn't work (or more likely, works but throws an error) I check and see what was done there.
Paragon is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 9th, 2017, 12:21 PM
There are two tags you can use for this.
Helper.IgnoreRank should disable Rank checks.
thing.skipprereq should disable all Prereq checks.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is online now   #107 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 10th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Thanks CC, that will be a big help for a few other things too.

Another thing I think I want to do, is I've been splitting the racial abilities between abilities and properties, but now I understand that really they should all be properties. So, will be doing a slight rework there.
TCArknight is offline   #108 Reply With Quote
salcor

Old May 10th, 2017, 09:07 AM
TCAknight,

How where you planning on setting up the iconic framework sbilities? Where you going to use edges or racial abilities?

Salcor
salcor is offline   #109 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old May 12th, 2017, 07:16 AM
I think going with Racial abilities in a separate file for now, but I may try to create a new component and tab for them.
TCArknight is offline   #110 Reply With Quote