Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Gord

Old November 10th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I'm the same way actually. The only way I can do my contacts each day is in the mirror since I am fooling my brain somehow into thinking it is not my eye that I am approaching. The surgeon was actually using me as a training example as the second he touched my eyeball (even when frozen), I would immediately tear up and the fluid would get in their way. If one teared up, the other would do the same so they fed off each other.

Luckily, like Josh, all is good now for me so I can still post about RW.
Gord is offline   #661 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 12th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
Peter Falk had a glass eye. He got cancer in that eye when he was a kid. All that time watching Columbo, and I never knew. I found out much later.
By the end of Columbo he was legally blind
ErinRigh is offline   #662 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old November 14th, 2018, 12:49 AM
So, no weekly status update this week...

Anyone heard if we're still looking at that major update next week? I'm not looking for details, just a short "Hey, we're pretty much on schedule" or a "Nope, probably not gonna make it" so I can manage my expectations.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #663 Reply With Quote
Cammagno

Old November 14th, 2018, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
So, no weekly status update this week...

Anyone heard if we're still looking at that major update next week? I'm not looking for details, just a short "Hey, we're pretty much on schedule" or a "Nope, probably not gonna make it" so I can manage my expectations.
+1
I hope for a weekly status update today, even a short one
Cammagno is offline   #664 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old November 14th, 2018, 02:07 AM
+1

Don't we all? But, since the updates during the last weeks did much to rebuild trust and momentum, I am confident rob will post one.

Supporting Calendar Campaigner

Tools: Realm Works, Campaign Cartographer 3+ and Add-ons, MapTools
Games: home brew world, Lord of the Rings (CODA), Shadowrun, Earthdawn
Greebo is offline   #665 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old November 14th, 2018, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I can't even put contacts in. I've tried several different times over the 40 odd years I've worn glasses and I still cannot get used to putting a finger in my eye.
The secret is to not look at the finger coming toward your eye but look at something in the distance. Watching your finger reflected in the mirror also works.
ruhar is offline   #666 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 14th, 2018, 11:26 PM
No weekly update this week?
EightBitz is offline   #667 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 14th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Quote:
No weekly update this week?
Doesn't seem like it. Let's hope rob is busy and did not have a relapse of some sort.

Still, it's kinda bewildering that with LWD it seems (at laest from our perspective) that rob has to do everything by himself. I feel like it would be the responsibility of Rone - he's got the title of community manager, right?! - to at least jump in and say something like "sorry, rob's busy, no update this week".

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.
Merion is offline   #668 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old November 15th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Doesn't seem like it. Let's hope rob is busy and did not have a relapse of some sort.

Still, it's kinda bewildering that with LWD it seems (at laest from our perspective) that rob has to do everything by himself. I feel like it would be the responsibility of Rone - he's got the title of community manager, right?! - to at least jump in and say something like "sorry, rob's busy, no update this week".

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.
If they skip this week, and if they miss next week as well, I might have to resort to extreme measures. Like, maybe even join the calendar brigade.
EightBitz is offline   #669 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old November 15th, 2018, 01:12 AM
Quote:
If they skip this week, and if they miss next week as well, I might have to resort to extreme measures. Like, maybe even join the calendar brigade.
WOAH! Slow now, don't do anything rash!

It's probably at least 6 hours until their working day starts in California, where LWD resides afaik, so let's give them until tonight before doing anything you might regret
Merion is offline   #670 Reply With Quote