Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

cinder

Old December 16th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hi,

I am getting pretty good with my editor, but I have a few earlier versions of things I tried still taking up space, a monument to my passed failures. Particularly an extra version of a failed feat sits there mocking me. Is there any way to remove these? Also I would be happy to reset the thing entirely and just re-add the things I want. What do you think? Am I SOL?

Thanks,
cinder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Everything you've created in the editor will be stored in files on your computer. They can be deleted, either by deleting the entire file, or by opening that file in the editor and deleting the specific items.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
cinder

Old December 17th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I did delete those files, but they are still there in the menus.

For instance I created a skill for open lock. The first time I did it wrong. I went back and made a second one. That worked fine, so i deleted the file. Now it appears twice in the menu.

What should I do?
cinder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Did you reload the files after deleting the old file? (ctrl-r in HeroLab will do a quick reload, or you can go to the file menu, "Switch Game System", and come back to the same game.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
cinder

Old December 17th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I did as you instructed, but it is still there. Isn't there any way that I can reset the thing entirely?
cinder is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 17th, 2009, 01:20 PM
In that case, you may want to do to the HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder (I'm guessing that's the game you're talking about), and copy every .user file to somewhere else. Then delete the HeroLab/data/pathfinder folder, open HeroLab, download the Pathfinder files, and start that up. Now, add your user files back into the clean folder one at a time, reloading after each one. That way you'll be able to tell where the duplicated item is. If the duplicates never emerge again, then there must have been something left over in the files (which I didn't think could happen).
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote