Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ruhar

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:05 PM
I know I have participated in several discussion regarding a calendar. It was one of the abilities I have most been looking forward since my players will be dealing with werewolves. Can we get an ETA on this?
ruhar is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 4th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiningWhite View Post
we really need a custom calendar feature. i think for most of us this is essential for using realm works.
+1 to this..... it is more important than any other "feature" in the to "add" list
(including the "player version")
Without the ability to enter a calendar, time-lining events is pretty much worthless. It further makes no sense to enter dates into RW utilizing the default calendar if the DM has to re-enter at a later point a date to utilize the calendar feature when it becomes "available".

I recognize LWD has had internal and external challenges on the progression and the release of the software, But, as a "member of the development team" (thru defacto purchase, and feedback) this should be on the top of the priority list.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
wyrm

Old June 15th, 2014, 02:13 AM
+1 on this from me.
I have custom calendar in my Campaign and I am in need to use it.
I have also history of sessions and history of world bound by that custom calendar
wyrm is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
Teresa

Old June 16th, 2014, 11:33 AM
+1 for me too
Teresa is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
RampagingHoardes

Old June 24th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Definitely need this feature I have a custom calendar in my world and this is critical
RampagingHoardes is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
neonbasschild

Old June 25th, 2014, 05:07 AM
+1000000000000

I actually just bought this product because the kickstarter video said "Custom Calendar". Currently I use a wiki format with a huge HTML based calendar that is a pain in the butt to edit. PLEASE PUT THIS IN!!!!
neonbasschild is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
MarkNorfolk

Old June 27th, 2014, 03:53 AM
+1 Definately a must.
MarkNorfolk is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 27th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whump View Post
Could I ask a staff member if there is a rough timescale for when the full calendar tool is likely to be available please? Are we talking next release, a month, a year?
I too would like to have a ballpark figure of when we'll get the calendar. I know that everything takes time and I and hundreds of users have been patient each step of the way. The calendar, however, is one of the selling features that everyone is clamoring for. I know my fellow users won't resort to pitchforks and torches (right everyone?) but I'm sure an estimate of when to expect the calendar could calm the masses. And, if we're busy typing on the beta version we can't hold the pitchforks and torches.
ruhar is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 30th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbasschild View Post
+1000000000000

I actually just bought this product because the kickstarter video said "Custom Calendar". Currently I use a wiki format with a huge HTML based calendar that is a pain in the butt to edit. PLEASE PUT THIS IN!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
I too would like to have a ballpark figure of when we'll get the calendar. I know that everything takes time and I and hundreds of users have been patient each step of the way. The calendar, however, is one of the selling features that everyone is clamoring for. I know my fellow users won't resort to pitchforks and torches (right everyone?) but I'm sure an estimate of when to expect the calendar could calm the masses. And, if we're busy typing on the beta version we can't hold the pitchforks and torches.
As noted Above,
I also purchased this based on the promise of a customizable calendar system, and a ballpark idea of its inclusion would be nice.. there has been 2 updates (at least) since the discussion around adding it, with the only "update info" passed along being
Quote:
"custom calendar function exists in the development team, but we've been told it's clunky and inefficient, and a pain to use, and they want to make it better before releasing it."
I fully understand the loss of a programmer has hindered LWD progress, I certainly can appreciate the "bug fixes" in the updates, but there have been "improvements" that were certainly lower priority than calendars, printing, etc that have managed to see available programmer time.

Frankly the push for the players version could seem a LWD grab at generating more cash flow by offering another product for purchase before completing the bare essensials of the source product? It further could seem an effort to start the clock on the cloud by getting that supplemental product out, thus creating cloud renewal dollars. (observation made based on fact of "clock starts when player version releases")

With LWD limited employee resources (as Rob had conveyed several times & to include thier posting for additional help) they have made the start of a wonderful support program, that unfortunately, still has several basic holes to fill within the core program based on the promised deliverables of the afore mentioned video. There are MANY threads from the community defining what they (the end user) would like to see implemented.... The players version, while all would say would be helpful and useful, does not seem to appear at the top of that list.

I certainly hope my frank observations are in error. Realm Works has the chance to be the default in this gendre of software. Would be sad to see this turn into a $ grab at the expense of those that have supported it from the beginning.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #89 Reply With Quote
ruhar

Old June 30th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I fully understand the loss of a programmer has hindered LWD progress, I certainly can appreciate the "bug fixes" in the updates, but there have been "improvements" that were certainly lower priority than calendars, printing, etc that have managed to see available programmer time.

Frankly the push for the players version could seem a LWD grab at generating more cash flow by offering another product for purchase before completing the bare essensials of the source product? It further could seem an effort to start the clock on the cloud by getting that supplemental product out, thus creating cloud renewal dollars. (observation made based on fact of "clock starts when player version releases")

With LWD limited employee resources (as Rob had conveyed several times & to include thier posting for additional help) they have made the start of a wonderful support program, that unfortunately, still has several basic holes to fill within the core program based on the promised deliverables of the afore mentioned video. There are MANY threads from the community defining what they (the end user) would like to see implemented.... The players version, while all would say would be helpful and useful, does not seem to appear at the top of that list.
Here, here! I couldn't have said it better. So....
ruhar is offline   #90 Reply With Quote