Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sewicked

Old June 20th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Heirloom weapon (proficiency)
My paladin took the trait Heirloom weapon (proficiency) and the bought a kopesh. However, the trait will not allow her to select the kopesh (which requires exotic weapon proficiency) as her Heirloom weapon. It only permits her to choose her one of her other weapons, in which she is already proficient because they are martial weapons.

Did I misread the rules or is this a bug?
Sewicked is offline   #291 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old June 20th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewicked View Post
My paladin took the trait Heirloom weapon (proficiency) and the bought a kopesh. However, the trait will not allow her to select the kopesh (which requires exotic weapon proficiency) as her Heirloom weapon. It only permits her to choose her one of her other weapons, in which she is already proficient because they are martial weapons.

Are you sure it was in the correct spot? Not in the place where magic weapons can go, but the one below where you cannot make a custom weapon? The item can't be masterwork, or editable to become masterwork/have magic properties.
Snowpaw is offline   #292 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewicked View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by d20 PFSRD
You carry a non-masterwork simple or martial weapon that has been passed down from generation to generation in your family.
(Emphasis Mine)

So the "Proficiency with that specific weapon" will not be helpful for fighter/paladin/ranger (etc) types, but the other two options (+1 AoOs or +2 w/ one type of combat maneuver) would still be effective.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #293 Reply With Quote
lothar_wolf

Old June 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
This is not an error but an overlooked fault. The adventure journal appears to be limited to one addition on normal xp progression. It would be better to allow manual entry.
I am running PFS sanctioned modules which grant 3xp. There is no way to add this xp without creating three journal enteries.
lothar_wolf is offline   #294 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 20th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothar_wolf View Post
This is not an error but an overlooked fault. The adventure journal appears to be limited to one addition on normal xp progression. It would be better to allow manual entry.
I am running PFS sanctioned modules which grant 3xp. There is no way to add this xp without creating three journal enteries.
The alternative is to confuse new users with five or six different XP options to choose from - 1, 2 (adventure you died in), 3, and the slow speed versions of each. In my opinion, it's better to add three entries for each module than to make it harder to understand and to make the +1 button harder to find among that grid for those entering a normal scenario.
Mathias is offline   #295 Reply With Quote
lothar_wolf

Old June 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Why not just leave it for manual entry? Respectfully, I can not see how a player can get confused as to the amount of xp to enter as it is on their record sheet. Just allow the possible values to be entered.
lothar_wolf is offline   #296 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lothar_wolf View Post
Why not just leave it for manual entry? Respectfully, I can not see how a player can get confused as to the amount of xp to enter as it is on their record sheet. Just allow the possible values to be entered.
One or 1?

I am not 100% sold on this; wasn't the previous time it got discussed, either; it still is easier to deal with than extended fights over .5, 1 vs .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 3.

Especially since we don't know if there might not be new additions in the future.

PFS APs?
kinevon is offline   #297 Reply With Quote
lothar_wolf

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Apologies if I am rehashing an old argument. I not privy to any previous discussions and only commenting as it has become relevant to my play group.
lothar_wolf is offline   #298 Reply With Quote
kiwiglen

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:19 PM
+1 trait bonus to Diplomacy and Knowledge (History). The Diplomacy bonus appears but not the Knowledge (History), even after the knowledge skills is manually added
kiwiglen is offline   #299 Reply With Quote
lothar_wolf

Old June 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Bug
Smite evil from Paladin levels and prestige class Inheritor's Crusader. Crusder levels also add to Paladin levels when determining number of Smite evil.
lothar_wolf is offline   #300 Reply With Quote